Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You and @losetoa6 may need to face off on a long, flat stretch at some point.  Haha.  I need space over speed but I would love to drive a WRX some days. 

It’s got Bliizzak’s on for the winter so we can face off on a long snow covered stretch lol. It’s fun to drive, and it does do really well in the snow with the AWD.

After stalling at 29.7 degrees for nearly an hour I've suddenly gone up to 30.2.  Light freezing rain continue to fall.  I don't think it ever got heavy here.  Maybe moderate at times.  Ice has been slowly accreting on all surfaces except my driveway & street.  I don't have a qpf measurement because my tipping bucket rain gauge is frozen and not tipping (lol) AND I forgot to put my clear-vue gauge back outside after I brought it in to melt the snow Friday morning.  I really can't imagine that the qpf is over 0.25" with the level of accretion, although it definitely looks like I have 0.1" of ice on the shrubs/trees.  As I go to post this my temp has just hit 30.4.  Not much longer for accrual.  

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS still trying to spin up a Hurricane next weekend.   I am awaiting the posts about not being tropical in nature but still....Cat 3 based on millibars.   Cat 1 based just on 850 winds. 

Now thats more like it...

Looks a bit late for us, but plenty of time for changes.  

also fwiw, the trailer doesnt have enough time, and slides right of Va NC coast.  Not a bit bothered, because as we've been seeing, its a rather active pattern setting up, so chances to score should be there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Now thats more like it...

Looks a bit late for us, but plenty of time for changes.  

also fwiw, the trailer doesnt have enough time, and slides right of Va NC coast.  Not a bit bothered, because as we've been seeing, its a rather active pattern setting up, so chances to score should be there.

The 0z Euro & Canadian ensembles were really barking and had the 6 inch snow line down to the MD line in the LSV.

I use these just as an indicator of the potential of a pattern over the next 2 weeks.

5DAF7240-CFBE-4CF9-A6D0-8D629FDF33DF.png

23DD2652-9036-4FBA-9160-EB846E28F7A7.png

• Like 1