Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Winter 2021/2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

There were a few posts around the mid point of the season, I was one of them, that pointed out that the Steel just finds ways to stay relevant.  Boring but efficient.  They have not finished below .500 since 2003 and have have only finished below .500 7 times since 1980.  40+ years and .500 or better 35 of them. 

Yep, but they are probably in for a world of hurt the next few years.

1 minute ago, KPITSnow said:

Yep, but they are probably in for a world of hurt the next few years.

Well if you listen to Steelers fans, then yea...but the Steelers have not had 3 consecutive losing season since the 1960's.   I did find they were called the "Steagles" in 1943.  Assume that was due to lack of players during WWII?  Pretty funny actually as to that name.   Imagine if it was the Cowagles or Eagowboys?  The expletive's would be flying! 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Well if you listen to Steelers fans, then yea...but the Steelers have not had 3 consecutive losing season since the 1960's.   I did find they were called the "Steagles" in 1943.  Assume that was due to lack of players during WWII?  Pretty funny actually as to that name.   Imagine if it was the Cowagles or Eagowboys?  The expletive's would be flying! 

Here is the thing with Steeler and Pittsburgh fans in general. Yeah, they act like they are the best fans in sports but watch the amount of empty seats at heinz if there is a 6-11 season. Hell,o even this year there were tons of empties.

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There were a few posts around the mid point of the season, I was one of them, that pointed out that the Steel just finds ways to stay relevant.  Boring but efficient.  They have not finished below .500 since 2003 and have have only finished below .500 7 times since 1980.  40+ years and .500 or better 35 of them. 

Yep, something to be said about that level of consistency.  Big Ben never presided over a season with a losing record, and he has a career 13-9 postseason record.  This Packers fan can respect that.  I think they are in for a beating at KC next weekend but there's nothing I would love more than to see one last bit of magic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Here is the thing with Steeler and Pittsburgh fans in general. Yeah, they act like they are the best fans in sports but watch the amount of empty seats at heinz if there is a 6-11 season. Hell,o even this year there were tons of empties.

I was shocked by this when I started attending games annually years ago - I've never been there when it's been full. Not even the game I saw against New England and not for the playoff game I saw against Jacksonville. It seems...odd.

However, the amount of Black and Gold in the stands at EVERY away game is something else. It's pretty incredible. Also, the game day experience at Heinz Field is worlds better than the other venues I've witnessed NFL action (Philly, Baltimore, Cleveland, and NY Giants) Only thing better in my eyes for Game Day experience is in Happy Valley...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They are just good enough to be annoying. We have adapted to mediocrity very well. LOL 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

How about it!?  I honestly couldn't believe some of what I was witnessing yesterday.  What a day, and how the heck are both the Eagles and the Steelers in the playoffs??  Both teams loving that new 7th playoff spot haha.

Eagles...I don't know what to think. They should be one and done but they're playing very well going into the playoffs. The thing I admire (and honestly am jealous of) is they can run the hell out of the ball. I feel like they're sort of built for the postseason and Tampa better be ready because Philly could take them out. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Eagles...I don't know what to think. They should be one and done but they're playing very well going into the playoffs. The thing I admire (and honestly am jealous of) is they can run the hell out of the ball. I feel like they're sort of built for the postseason and Tampa better be ready because Philly could take them out. 

That would make a lot of Brady haters very happy. 

44 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

You’re right, I’m actually neglecting the possibility that the entire human existence is scripted. If so, I hope that script has a massive snowstorm written into it.

Every person who has analyzed the models for a snowstorm has failed, but where they have failed you will succeed. I've seen models take a blizzard away in one 6hr run, men have poured weeks of their life analyzing output only to smoke cirrus but despite the models ability to depress our hopes their strengths are still based on a world of rules. 

So your saying I'll be able to control the atmosphere so all of PA gets a historic blizzard?

No, I'm saying when your ready you won't have too. You'll realize your climo sucks and you need to move or find a new hobby. :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My son is going to the game. Eagles fan transplanted in the Tampa area. I told him I hope he's disappointed after the game.

What a dad I am. LOL

Either way when he is leaving he will still get to see the beautiful Emerald Gulf coast waters so I am not going to feel bad for him regardless. 

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Early lunch for me :weenie: .

Actually Bubbler I liked this whole Gfs run. When comparing to 24 hours ago its leaps and bounds better at h5 . Day 6 is close and the follow up storm is a light hit and very close to more .

You ninja'ed me.  I cannot say I like it but its decent in the arena of storms and rumors of storms. 

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah I think they have a legit shot against Tampa, not great but legit.  The Bucs are a bit of a mess right now and I don't believe are the same team as last year.  I would however note that since losing to the Giants the Eagles have beaten the Jets, Giants, and Redskins twice.  Soooooo, kind of hard to know what to make of that haha.  But they are certainly a live dog this weekend! 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Either way when he is leaving he will still get to see the beautiful Emerald Gulf coast waters so I am not going to feel bad for him regardless. 

He loves it down there. He's pretty much right across the street from Amalie Arena. Hasn't gone to a Lightning game though. Said the city was pretty wild last February during the Super Bowl.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was shocked by this when I started attending games annually years ago - I've never been there when it's been full. Not even the game I saw against New England and not for the playoff game I saw against Jacksonville. It seems...odd.

However, the amount of Black and Gold in the stands at EVERY away game is something else. It's pretty incredible. Also, the game day experience at Heinz Field is worlds better than the other venues I've witnessed NFL action (Philly, Baltimore, Cleveland, and NY Giants) Only thing better in my eyes for Game Day experience is in Happy Valley...

100% 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah I think they have a legit shot against Tampa, not great but legit.  The Bucs are a bit of a mess right now and I don't believe are the same team as last year.  I would however note that since losing to the Giants the Eagles have beaten the Jets, Giants, and Redskins twice.  Soooooo, kind of hard to know what to make of that haha.  But they are certainly a live dog this weekend! 

I was trying to be nice so that Anotherman and Blizz don't unleash their wrath on me. :) 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

He loves it down there. He's pretty much right across the street from Amalie Arena. Hasn't gone to a Lightning game though. Said the city was pretty wild last February during the Super Bowl.

It's a great place to live.  Even the bad areas are less bad because everyone is just 15-30 min from gorgeous west coast sand.  I lived in Bradenton for a year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just read that the game was going to end in a tie before Staley called a TO giving the Raiders one extra play which Jacobs ran to make the FG possible?    What the ????????   They did not show that in the reply., 

I read that this morning online. Apparently the Raiders were miffed by the TO, and only at that point decided to play to win instead of settling for the tie. 

That's why I said it was THAT close to the Black and Gold not getting in. A coaches timeout prolonged the Steeler's season. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I read that this morning online. Apparently the Raiders were miffed by the TO, and only at that point decided to play to win instead of settling for the tie. 

That's why I said it was THAT close to the Black and Gold not getting in. A coaches timeout prolonged the Steeler's season. 

Now that....that could be looked at as questionable as to scripting. 

• Thanks 1