Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Widespread Snow Potential January 16th to January 18th

sferic

50 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

6z GFS looks to pretty much hold serve  includes the backside lake effect for favored areas.  Low tracks east of euro so less dry slot issues…

D0E23D32-49B0-452C-ADC4-83BE221DB463.png

It’s been interesting to see an area of much lower accumulations right over my house (western Delaware County) on many of the runs.  Go 25 miles East or West and it looks much better.  Remarkable consistency, really, for how far away the event still is.  Unfortunate, but remarkable. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

It’s been interesting to see an area of much lower accumulations right over my house (western Delaware County) on many of the runs.  Go 25 miles East or West and it looks much better.  Remarkable consistency, really, for how far away the event still is.  Unfortunate, but remarkable. 

I know it’s not 100 percent popular here, but having had storms like this for most of my life living in NJ, I still believe this jogs SE a bit in the next 48 hours…

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

I’m north of you in that same snow hole.

When I first saw it 3 days ago I had no concerns, and figured it would probably shift east within a run or two.

Now I’m concerned.  The persistence is really remarkable, run after run.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

The first map I think I've seen.  He's definitely more of a mid-atlantic forecaster, but I'll take my 6"-10" in our snowhole.

https://dtwxrisk.medium.com/1st-guess-snow-map-for-jan-16-17-tenn-valley-east-coast-winter-storm-d31a02503f1b

Off topic but great username Flying MXZ. I have a 98 MXZ 440 fanner, it’s my favorite sled that I own. I’m partial to the older sleds. I had a 2013 F570 but was not a fan of the rider forward position. Now I have the MXZ and a 02 supersport but I prefer the MXZ. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Flying MXZ said:

The first map I think I've seen.  He's definitely more of a mid-atlantic forecaster, but I'll take my 6"-10" in our snowhole.

https://dtwxrisk.medium.com/1st-guess-snow-map-for-jan-16-17-tenn-valley-east-coast-winter-storm-d31a02503f1b

That map is horrible. It’s pretty much a normal “chalk” map as how systems would act with climo. Not certain what that poster is seeing but that remarkably less snowfall than any other model out there. Toss.

• Like 1