Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, that is the maddening part.....the seasons like 2019-2020 and 2011-2012 are easier to tolerate. I was sure this season wouldn't be like that, and it hasn't, yet the snowfall has still mirrored those seasons and mine is actually worse than the former. I at least got that big December dump in 2019.

Seems like it was in 1919....

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there may be a frozen glacier at the end....but meh. If it's not at least 5-6", it kind of sucks at this point. If we get a 6+ thump, I'm all for it....but my worry is we get about 2" before the flip which is useless. I don't see this trending back east aloft enough to matter....but stranger things have happened.

This winter finds new ways to disappoint...

Probably one of the most incredible storm evolutions I've ever seen. Every single CIPS analog for that ULL position down south has us either getting big snow or some of them actually fringe us....not s single one rips the storm to our west (at least aloft), yet this time, it is going to achieve that.

If you showed me this below map at 24 hours before the storm begins and told me we'd get drenched with rain from an inland runner, I'd think you were on drugs....lol

image.thumb.png.5619a725010f76c7f155199bf6513e73.png

Granted it’s not much of one , but nice to see even the best of em can melt down a bit. After this cold and dry . Bitter pills 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there may be a frozen glacier at the end....but meh. If it's not at least 5-6", it kind of sucks at this point. If we get a 6+ thump, I'm all for it....but my worry is we get about 2" before the flip which is useless. I don't see this trending back east aloft enough to matter....but stranger things have happened.

This winter finds new ways to disappoint...

Probably one of the most incredible storm evolutions I've ever seen. Every single CIPS analog for that ULL position down south has us either getting big snow or some of them actually fringe us....not s single one rips the storm to our west (at least aloft), yet this time, it is going to achieve that.

If you showed me this below map at 24 hours before the storm begins and told me we'd get drenched with rain from an inland runner, I'd think you were on drugs....lol

Shortwaves don't usually phase so perfectly with a trailing wave. We've rooted for something like that countless times, and it has rarely happened for us. It's almost as if the bowling ball can adjust its speed and location to get into perfect position for its buddy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Shortwaves don't usually phase so perfectly with a trailing wave. We've rooted for something like that countless times, and it has rarely happened for us. It's almost as if the bowling ball can adjust its speed and location to get into perfect position for its buddy.

That’s the part that irks me the most. We finally get the rare almost perfect set up and it’s “wasted” on a rain event. It’s more than simply missing a snowstorm (to me)

5 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Yeah we get a literal perfect storm of shortwave phasing to send it due north (or even NNW) when even a 010 or 020 vector would be fine. Funny how every single CIPS analog does not go as far west as this one does. :lol:

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

maybe kevin can begin as rain with mangled flakes?

What a nightmare this storm is. Like Will said it's so close to a beautiful setup... a total waste.

I said the same thing Will said the other day. If you showed me that s/w moving in with a ridge folding on top of it, and then said it would drive rains to Maines....I would have laughed in your face. Unreal.