• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

To echo what lots of you have been saying t'was a decent event for sure. Most of the snow fell between 12:30am and 4am. I picked up 4.8" of the funky stuff in that time. Half of that (nearly 2.5") fell in the 2am hour as the back-end band moved through. That was the hour that I went on a "Jebwalk" as you young folk call it. Fluffy flakes with a NNW breeze (15-20+mph gusts) to boot. Every time a plow would come through plowing the road the road would just whiten up again in a minute.

I wonder whether the fluffiness of the aggregates made the snow seem less heavy than it was in reality because I was quite surprised to measure an additional 2.2" of snow in a mere 50 minutes. I mean I knew it was coming down hard but I didn't know that it was THAT hard. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scraff said:

Last night was a blast! Jebwalking for 2 hours with my daughters before and during that “Pantera” snow band. Lol. Heaviest snow I’ve seen for sure since 2016. This one was extra special though. A champagne powder pummeling is not something we see a lot of in the DMV. It piled up in a heartbeat. Finished with 4.5” (once the snow hole collapsed). Already pumped for the next one.  Let’s go!! :bike:

5D577A5F-B8F8-4AF3-99B8-B4B7E993266E.jpeg

You're gonna get more. Count on it. This month is gonna be something indeed in the entire Mid Atlantic Region. I think Feb might be too.

• Like 1

Dale City is 28 degrees right now with a pristine 10 degree dewpoint. Good for keeping that snowpack in great shape! Pile it all up, dig it and pile it on the north side of sunlight blockin' objects like an old car no one ever drives, the house, bushes, get it piled up! Gonna be doin' a LOT of diggin this winter!

2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Dale City is 28 degrees right now with a pristine 10 degree dewpoint. Good for keeping that snowpack in great shape! Pile it all up, dig it and pile it on the north side of sunlight blockin' objects like an old car no one ever drives, the house, bushes, get it piled up! Gonna be doin' a LOT of diggin this winter!

My front yard in Montclair doesn’t get sun until about April 1 lol. We will be measuring the snow pack in feet Jebman!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

My front yard in Montclair doesn’t get sun until about April 1 lol. We will be measuring the snow pack in feet Jebman!

Better get a yardstick! Better yet, GET TWO yardsticks! Stock up on snowboards too! You're gonna lose them in so much snow!