Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

51 minutes ago, NHDrySlot said:

Yup I live right on the Goffstown line, less than 2 miles from South Uncanoonuc. Every bit of elevation you gain west of the Merrimack Valley seems to make a difference.

i am on the other side of the "tracks" in Bedford, elevation like 200'-can see MHT from here. Got like 4" the other day

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SJonesWX said:

i am on the other side of the "tracks" in Bedford, elevation like 200'-can see MHT from here. Got like 4" the other day

Yeah I lived in the apartments in east side of Bedford for a few years before relocating to "west side" of town. Quite a few events where there's a sharp gradient in snow as you climb towards Memorial Primary School in center/west Bedford. I'm up at 500' of elevation but right up the road from me is over 700'. Cool spot to be in.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Does that get N Stream ingest? It actually jacks my area on the NARCAN with like 40"

H5 is deepening pretty rapidly south of LI and it cuts off bringing good deep layer E or ENE flow. You are prob getting whacked with ML fronto and the CF at the same time there for a while.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

H5 is deepening pretty rapidly south of LI and it cuts off bringing good deep layer E or ENE flow. You are prob getting whacked with ML fronto and the CF at the same time there for a while.

Yea, that isn't LBSW.....its isn't occluding up here...it actually drops a 4' burger in downeast, ME LOL

I forgive the last 4+ years of misery for that solution verbatim to verify.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, that isn't LBSW.....its isn't occluding up here...it actually drops a 4' burger in downeast, ME LOL

I forgive the last 4+ years of misery for that solution verbatim to verify.

Funny... I was just thinking about the psychology of that... If that happened, and it never snowed again this season, you'd feel that way for an below average snow year.  Lol - now that's funny

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Funny... I was just thinking about the psychology of that... If that happened, and it never snowed again this season, you'd feel that way for an below average snow year.  Lol - now that's funny

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

In fact, I would sign now for that to be next and last flakes of the season. Send me off to early fantasy draft prep in blaze of glory....just shouting Fiyyyyyaaaahhhhh the entire way.

16 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Just seems weird that the March ‘93 superstorm was targeted by models so early on and now almost thirty years later we still (the models)  struggle with long and medium term events. 

I don't know about that.  It seems pretty much locked in and agreed that there will be a cutter between Dec 23rd and 25.  Couple details still to be worked out.  Not bad for 8090 hours out.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That would rival Feb 2013...wow

Rival?   heh... nah, wins is the word.

2013 was a huge storm for a vastly smaller area...  This 12z GFS?  It is multi-regionally historic/crippling, in the same event.  It's also just ISE-wise in another category ... as is coherently suggestive in review:  https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/dailywxmap/index_20130208.html

But, that is by no means an attempt to abase the power and majesty of 2013 and hurt anyone's feelings that associates that event spiritually significant to the existence of their soul, either... Just objectively comparing history with this GFS run -

which is equally as excruciatingly nerdy a thing to do as the storm in question... hahaha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Rival?   heh... nah, wins is the word.

2013 was a huge storm for a vastly smaller area...  This 12z GFS?  It is multi-regional historic/crippling, in the same event.  It's also just ISE-wise in another category ... as is coherently suggestive in review:  https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/dailywxmap/index_20130208.html

But, that is by no means an attempt to abase the power and majesty of 2013 and hurt anyone's feelings that associates that event spiritually significant to the existence of their soul, either... Just objectively comparing history with this GFS run -

which is equally as excruciatingly nerdy a thing to do as the storm in question, ironically so... hahaha

Areal coverage, sure...I just meant max amounts.