Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Just now, Brian5671 said:

Never know.  17-18 looked that way then we got March.   So who knows but wasted cold is awful.  

Not really....it was just a very mild Feb, which still managed a moderate snow storm. Dec was pretty good and we had the bomb cyclone in early January. But that was one of my main analogs....need to see something happen with the strat in short order, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

I had 38 inches last winter. I had a feeling this winter wasn't going to be good  since december was a bust for many people. 

If next winter sucks, that will be a first...I have never had five consecutive shitty seasons dating back to 1956...not even the 80's pulled that off. We are in rarified suckitude here.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If next winter sucks, that will be a first...I have never had five consecutive shitty seasons dating back to 1956...not even the 80's pulled that off. We are in rarified suckitude here.

What made this different than other La Ninas ? I thought your area does fine in LA Nina. I think of alot of Miller B storms when I hear La Nina. 

Total opposite this winter 

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

My fiancee doesn't like me being on the phone all the time even though I keep telling her I am posting on the weather forums.

Its an issue in my marriage, believe me....needless to say, I have a very weak bladder when a storm is approaching. Figures that the season that my family is away, we get this shit.

• Like 1

Its an issue in my marriage, believe me....needless to say, I have a very weak bladder when a storm is approaching. Figures that the season that my family is away, we get this shit.

That's what I have to do if next winter is great. Keep going to the bathroom and post while I'm taking a poop. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

What made this different than other La Ninas ? I thought your area does fine in LA Nina. I think of alot of Miller B storms when I hear La Nina. 

Total opposite this winter 

December it was the RNA from hell, which totally washed out the NAO. This month is just bad timing IMO...9/10 times, that deal last weekend would have been a blizzard, but that trailing wave tilted the tough negative and ruined it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

December it was the RNA from hell, which totally washed out the NAO. This month is just bad timing IMO...9/10 times, that deal last weekend would have been a blizzard, but that trailing wave tilted the tough negative and ruined it.

That storm last weekend would have been a big coastal storm in any normal winter.

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

That storm last weekend would have been a big coastal storm in any normal winter.

It all evens out...shit like that always broke right in years like 2015 and 2005. I'm over it...whatever happens, happens. I am honestly starting to wonder about futility....I am at 10" heading into the final week of January. I very well may make it to Feb at 10"...short list of seasons that have pulled that off. 1979-80 (futility season of 19.9"), 1988-1989 (20.3"), 1994-1995 (22.5") and 2006-2007 (34.5")

Normal season for me is around 65".

It all evens out...shit like that always broke right in years like 2015 and 2005. I'm over it...whatever happens, happens. I am honestly starting to wonder about futility....I am at 10" heading into the final week of January. I very well may make it to Feb at 10"...short list of seasons that have pulled that off. 1979-80 (futility season of 19.9"), 1988-1989 (20.3"), 1994-1995 (22.5") and 2006-2007 (34.5")

Normal season for me is around 65".

Mid Atlantic areas have more snow than us right now :(

Atlantic City has 18 inches 

Frustration on this garbage winter aside....if we're looking for the best windows here, it's still Jan 25-26....there is still pretty decent ensemble support for that system.

Then I'd prob look at Jan 29-30th and Feb 2nd....those are two dates that have some weak ensemble signals.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Frustration on this garbage winter aside....if we're looking for the best windows here, it's still Jan 25-26....there is still pretty decent ensemble support for that system.

Then I'd prob look at Jan 29-30th and Feb 2nd....those are two dates that have some weak ensemble signals.

Agreed. I have modest hope for next week, though obviously measured......

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Agreed. I have modest hope for next week, though obviously measured......

Yeah I think the next 10 days will decide how this winter will go...if we cash in on 2 threats, then something close to normal snowfall is still plausible. But if we get to groundhog day with nothing to show for it and nothing imminent, I think a ratter is basically locked.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I’m still confident that Kevin  and Iceberg are not finishing with double your snow totals this year

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I think the next 10 days will decide how this winter will go...if we cash in on 2 threats, then something close to normal snowfall is still plausible. But if we get to groundhog day with nothing to show for it and nothing imminent, I think a ratter is basically locked.

You know you'll get :weenie: for saying such things.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm just going to watch it play out at this stage....wife and kids are gonna be back in a few weeks, so light at end of tunnel. I still would lock a ratter, though....I will be stunned if this season does not go out with a bang.

• Like 1

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

It's winters like these where you need to adjust your lifestyle to only keep an eye on potential threats. Don't waste time with each model cycle. For all I care, we could torch for the next month - and if we get one biggie in late Feb or March then I'd be content. 

I quit that this week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

It's winters like these where you need to adjust your lifestyle to only keep an eye on potential threats. Don't waste time with each model cycle. For all I care, we could torch for the next month - and if we get one biggie in late Feb or March then I'd be content. 

I have lost so much sleep staying up for the shitty Euro.  I don't even stay up anymore for the gfs past 240 hours. It's a waste.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I like to limit to 120 hours or sometimes even just 84 hours. 

• Like 2