Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

1 minute ago, hazwoper said:

Well, it’s dropped at least 5-6 degrees here in the last hour.

AND it’s pretty tough for them to be wrong with temps 6 hours out 

Pitt only dropped 3 degrees in 4+hrs 37F-34F (1pm-5:25pm)...and it's still 34F 

Harrisburg still at 50F

Philly 60F

Not saying it won't happen but they are not dropping like I thought... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Pitt only dropped 3 degrees in 4+hrs 37F-34F (1pm-5:25pm)...and it's still 34F 

Harrisburg still at 50F

Philly 60F

Not saying it won't happen but they are not dropping like I thought... 

give it time.  My temp dropped another full degree since I last posted.

5 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

I’m riding this one out at my parents shore house in Manahawkin. I really like my location for this. Most of the models show some really strong forcing along the cost for this one. I think I have a great shot at double digits. Its been like 4 years since I’ve seen over 10” so I’m overdue

Sorry had to weenie you.  Haven't seen you in awhile. :lol:

Nothing like the threat of snow to lay to rest the threats to merge our poor little forum.

Currently 55 here with dp 51.

ETA - I know people here are afraid to make an event thread lest they jinx it but... ;)

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Nothing like the threat of snow to lay to rest the threats to merge our poor little forum.

ETA - I know people here are afraid to make an event thread lest they jinx it but... ;)

Lol im a daily lurker! I’ve been unloyal and dabbling my feet in the mid-Atlantic forum a lot lately haha. But yeah I’ll be here for obs! I think south Jersey gets rocked this time around. A lot of models yesterday were showing the precip dying as it moved up the coast but i’m starting to see some high-res models jackpotting the Jersey Shore. I know there’s usually some great forcing along the coast with these storms so I’m not surprised 

3 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

Lol im a daily lurker! I’ve been unloyal and dabbling my feet in the mid-Atlantic forum a lot lately haha. But yeah I’ll be here for obs! I think south Jersey gets rocked this time around. A lot of models yesterday were showing the precip dying as it moved up the coast but i’m starting to see some high-res models jackpotting the Jersey Shore. I know there’s usually some great forcing along the coast with these storms so I’m not surprised 

I was looking at -30F temps in the upper midwest this morning so that cold blob means some serious business.  How far it oozes down with the jet and how dry it is, will make a difference where the gradient sets up.  I wouldn't be surprised if there is some convection with it too in the southern parts of the CWA.

20 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

I’m riding this one out at my parents shore house in Manahawkin. I really like my location for this. Most of the models show some really strong forcing along the cost for this one. I think I have a great shot at double digits. Its been like 4 years since I’ve seen over 10” so I’m overdue

I'm about 6 miles north of you, on barnegat bay.  I'm ready for a good one for my pup and I to bird hunt tomorrow.  When we cash in, it has rarely been from a setup like this, so I'm skeptical.  Enjoy what we get.  Stay off 72 tomorrow with all the geriatrics driving around in the snot. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

give it time.  My temp dropped another full degree since I last posted.

Just drove from Exton to Reading. Car thermo read 60 in Exton and then we drove through some kind of frontal boundary and it dropped pretty quickly. It read 46 when I pulled into the driveway just now. Got pretty gusty, too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Thinking my parents in North Cape May might need a visit tonight and tomorrow :P

Do it for sure.  May be the best shot for the first half of winter.  They live close to the ferry terminal?  Excellent places for all angles of storm approach in Cape May.  Spent many days and nights chasing coastals down that way. 

I think east of 95 and south of 195 is going to be the dividing line between the haves and have nots. Would love to see another tick NW at 00z but thinking my area has a better shot of smoking cirrus than decent accumulation as of now. Really like mt hollys forecast, thinking they are going to nail this one. PHL is going to be a really tough forecast. Could see the airport getting 4-6” while most areas of the city only see 1-2”. Going to be a tight gradient for sure. We will know by tomorrow morning how things are going to go down lol