Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

50 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Friday looks good. So much for January coming in cold and quiet :huh:gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_23.thumb.png.f8094e3784b2e1c80a7fd5604aa5201b.png

Not to count the chickens before they hatch but all of a sudden with this weekend's rain storm the southern jet is a pineapple connection, goes against the La Nina normal. Could be another case of throw out the old analog years we shall see.

12 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Not to count the chickens before they hatch but all of a sudden with this weekend's rain storm the southern jet is a pineapple connection, goes against the La Nina normal. Could be another case of throw out the old analog years we shall see.

As you and I know well...analogs can only carry us so far....weather will do what it chooses to do!!

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Wiggum Rule in effect...60s tomorrow. Should see flakes in the air by Friday.

Didn't you decide to toss that, I think last year (or maybe it was not valid between October and December but was post-December or...?) :P

Am currently at my high so far for today of 55 (with low of 50) and the rain is coming down at a light to moderate rate with 0.49" in the bucket so far with on and off rain since earlier this morning (the heaviest being in the past hour or so).

7 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Didn't you decide to toss that, I think last year (or maybe it was not valid between October and December but was post-December or...?) :P

Am currently at my high so far for today of 55 (with low of 50) and the rain is coming down at a light to moderate rate with 0.49" in the bucket so far with on and off rain since earlier this morning (the heaviest being in the past hour or so).

94% efficiency. Dec 26-Feb 16. Temp hits 60 and we see snowflakes within the next 5 days following. 

Pattern looks workable mid month. Big signals are the PAC (+PNA, -EPO, -AO?), the TPV over Baffin Bay, and some stj waves with a weak split out West. Now to avoid the Feb 2018 repeat, we dont want the mean trof in the East pictured here to drop big energy in the SW and go back to the -PNA we were in. Hoping we can avoid that. Looks like good things during prime climo.

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_56.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

94% efficiency. Dec 26-Feb 16. Temp hits 60 and we see snowflakes within the next 5 days following. 

Okay.  Thank you for clarifying the range because I know last year with La Nina, it was whacked out and I expect with the stronger Nina this year, it might still be whack until deeper in the season ;).