Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

13 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Feb '89 too.

I'm still not convinced us NW folks see much of anything tomorrow. I guess the one hope we have is we don't need some massive shift of 100 miles. Just a 20 mile jog could give us an inch or so. Fingers crossed!

Won't take much of a wobble either way tbh. It is going to be difficult looking over the river and know "the shore" is getting over a foot and we have mood flakes N and W.

38 minutes ago, RedSky said:

There were a couple of them in the 80's where I felt like a kid robbed of Christmas presents it happens

Yea there was this one I think in 1988 where PHL had cirrus clouds and Wildwood got like 24" and snow drifts on the boardwalk think this was in the first 10 days of January too.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Won't take much of a wobble either way tbh. It is going to be difficult looking over the river and know "the shore" is getting over a foot and we have mood flakes N and W.

Hey, we have our moments down here.  The last decade had some interesting patterns of Northern Ocean and Souther Monmouth getting jackpots.  We are do for a replay.  Really looking to get my dog on some birds in the snow.  Hopefully the Barnegat Snow hole doesn't visit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dseagull said:

Hey, we have our moments down here.  The last decade had some interesting patterns of Northern Ocean and Souther Monmouth getting jackpots.  We are do for a replay.  Really looking to get my dog on some birds in the snow.  Hopefully the Barnegat Snow hole doesn't visit. 

Best of luck! The sun just poked through tthe cloud cover for a couple of minutes and my temp immediately shot up to 58°F. If you look at the satellite, you can just make out that cloud break right over my house lol.

18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

What's keeping me sane is the fact that this was never our storm, it's always been modeled as a southern slider. We were under WSW's for most of those 80's heartbreakers.

I guess it's just been the last 24hrs that there are hints we can get clipped. Honestly, I'd be happy just to see flakes in the air tomorrow. And if I can eek out a C-1, all the better. Given how abysmal this winter has been (and there are hints the pattern goes back to poo after mid Jan), I'll take whatever crumbs the snow demons toss my way.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Feb '89 too.

I'm still not convinced us NW folks see much of anything tomorrow. I guess the one hope we have is we don't need some massive shift of 100 miles. Just a 20 mile jog could give us an inch or so. Fingers crossed!

I think places like Reading and Allentown are pretty much screwed but all we need is a 20-30 mile shift we'll get at least a little accumulation of a 1"+...

56F/cloudy/Birds on in 20min/window open by my recliner

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I think places like Reading and Allentown are pretty much screwed but all we need is a 20-30 mile shift we'll get at least a little accumulation of a 1"+...

Yeah, I’m thinking Kamu can start his snow pile tomorrow 

4 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Holy crap Harrisburg at 61F but Pittsburgh at 37F so I'd imagine cold progressing W-E somewhere in between those two...Harrisburg temps should be dropping soon.  

20 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Best of luck! The sun just poked through tthe cloud cover for a couple of minutes and my temp immediately shot up to 58°F. If you look at the satellite, you can just make out that cloud break right over my house lol.

We are getting breaks of sun with the fog here, and torching at 61.8 now.  Another few degrees and I'd feel like I were in florida.  

screw all of the models. This is strictly a thread the needle storm for anyone northwest of Philly as th east side of 95 stands to see a good snow.  I for one will keep my 60 degree temps today. Sun just popped out here in Macungie. It absolutely nice for this time of the year. 20+ above avg temps

I want us to break the record for the first measurable snowfall here in the LV. If Fridays storm does not pan out , we have a legitimate shot at it.  I am so sick of waiting for measurable snowfall as the kick the can down the street syndrome has taken over in those lousy LR models. LV looks to get the infamous squeeze play and donut hole syndrome this week for snowstorms if these models come to fruition. The only models to trust is the 36 hour NAM or Euro as the GFS really sucks.  I have a video clip just for this snowfall occasion in this model chaos 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

They will eventually but in time, fast enough? 

I always look at central PA as a checkpoint on temps when cold air is approaching....State College and Harrisburg. If they're not dropping fast enough then we sure the hell ain't. 

Yes.  With the output the Euro has they will crash.  All modeling has temps in SEPA dropping quickly.

you can’t look at central Pa. For our future temps.  They will crash with precip 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

screw all of the models. This is strictly a thread the needle storm for anyone northwest of Philly as th east side of 95 stands to see a good snow.  I for one will keep my 60 degree temps today. Sun just popped out here in Macungie. It absolutely nice for this time of the year. 20+ above avg temps

I want us to break the record for the first measurable snowfall here in the LV. If Fridays storm does not pan out , we have a legitimate shot at it.  I am so sick of waiting for measurable snowfall as the kick the can down the street syndrome has taken over in those lousy LR models. LV looks to get the infamous squeeze play and donut hole syndrome this week for snowstorms if these models come to fruition. The only models to trust is the 36 hour NAM or Euro as the GFS really sucks.  I have a video clip just for this snowfall occasion in this model chaos 

Then the euro comes out and out snows the GFS :lol:

However past experience says the dry air likely "saves" the Lehigh Valley From accumulation here despite the fantasy snow map. 

5 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

Yes.  With the output the Euro has they will crash.  All modeling has temps in SEPA dropping quickly.

you can’t look at central Pa. For our future temps.  They will crash with precip 

Sure, they will drop some but I don't rely on evaporational cooling... 

48 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

Not really model chaos at all tbh. NAM blows, didn't even have a storm til this AM. Euro also didn't bite until last evening. Those 2 aren't the powerhouse guidance they once were prior to 'upgrades'. Follow the GFS which has led the way.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Strong arctic high pressure it snows to the coast tomorrow cold air is the least of our worries

They'll have a longer duration event and heavier precipitation to drag down cold air. We'll  have a shorter duration and probably light to mod precip. We need everything to count...

59F/mostly cloudy