Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

10 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I think everyone was waiting for your check-in. :lol:

Had to wait for the coffee to kick in.  Now, I have to go allow my employer to make me remove the snow.  lol  I'll try to keep the updates coming.  Seems I may be right on that slippery slope of this storm's gradient.  Might it be 3 inches?  Might it be 12?  Lets spin the wheel and find out!  

LOL @ Mt. Holly effusive AFD - 

&&

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...
Spectacular satellite imagery over the East this morning as a strong
area of low pressure comes together to our southwest. Just a classic
eastern US winter storm presentation. A blossoming shield of
precipitation is now overspreading the local area. A major winter
storm will affect southern portions of the area over the next 18
hours.

Latest from Mt. Holly on forecast -

FIKmrxOVUAAiaY1.jpg

It is a pretty presentation. Still have virga and temp is now down to 32 with dp 25.

kdix_20220103_1030_BR_0.4.png

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Had to wait for the coffee to kick in.  Now, I have to go allow my employer to make me remove the snow.  lol  I'll try to keep the updates coming.  Seems I may be right on that slippery slope of this storm's gradient.  Might it be 3 inches?  Might it be 12?  Lets spin the wheel and find out!  

Um, I'd like to solve the puzzle!

Screenshot_20220103-055239_copy_765x496.png.468a91f5371d9e86568debd2aa55a0a5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, hazwoper said:

0Z 3k NAM now gets snow into Philadelphia immediate burbs. Trend continues 

Barnegat, NJ on the bay.  35/30 Rain/snow, flipping to to snow. Going to be a very sharp cutoff.  I've seen this kind of storm play out before.   Going to be tough to break 4 or 5 inches in this scenario.  

5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I been watching the news since it came on at 4am and they've been traveling NJ/De and it's been coming down heavy....no stickage on roads anywhere they've been driving yet. Just wet...it's gotta crack at some point. 

30F/cloudy

Radar just blew up over VA, S NJ and S DE gonna get crushed

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Virga has evaporated here and it is overcast with temp bopping between 31 and 32 with dp 25.

Far south Jersey and coastal DE looks to be getting rocked.  The Carolina low is inching towards the coast but doesn't seem to be moving that fast.

I knew the burbs would pretty much fail or very little but Philly may end up w/not much either. Any accumulation in Philly because the radar looks bleak? Yeah SNJ/DE slamming it...

30F/Cloudy 

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Looks like dry air wins the day around 95. Congrats s nj, you guys deserve it.

Crazy how it works right? I'm in SNJ but even here nothing going on. A little s/e it's a different story. Not too often does the shore get a foot of snow and PHL N&E nothing but it was overdue to happen again.

• Weenie 1

31 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I knew the burbs would pretty much fail or very little but Philly may end up w/not much either. Any accumulation in Philly because the radar looks bleak? Yeah SNJ/DE slamming it...

30F/Cloudy 

Well the soon-to-be-coastal hasn't "coastaled" itself yet but once the low gets out there, there could be some wrap-around bands that pivot up here.

Currently holding more at 31 now with dp 24.

COD-GOES-East-meso-meso1.truecolor.20220103.132625-over-map-bars-truecolor-01032022.gif

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

Crazy how it works right? I'm in SNJ but even here nothing going on. A little s/e it's a different story. Not too often does the shore get a foot of snow and PHL N&E nothing but it was overdue to happen again.

That’s one of my little weather rules of thumb—if the NJ beaches get crushed, I expect to be high & dry back here.

• Weenie 1

20 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

https://thesurfersview.com/live-cams/new-jersey/the-cove-cape-may-beach-cam-and-surf-report/

Should be some nice ones peeling down the point at The Cove in Cape May later tonight with that strong NE wind/swell.  

That site has a lot of good cams up and down the NJ coast.