Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/ DE Winter 2021-22 OBS Thread

JTA66

4 minutes ago, RedSky said:

This one really screwed the NW of I95 crowd on the low accumulation end

We'd have to have accumulation to be on the low end of accumulation. 

The Festivus Miracle is still the winter storm to beat imby, 30F/DP 19F.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

This one really screwed the NW of I95 crowd on the low accumulation end

It screwed the 95 crowd too. NW never really had a good shot of even lower accumulation on this one that I saw. 95 had several models showing 1-3" with some plus that and most of us will have gotten a few flurries and that's it. Not surprised though, was never high on this event due to the sharp gradient. Had a feeling it would set up SE of the river. Oh well, onto maybe Friday? Or will we top the winter of futility(19-20)? 

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Got a dusting here in spots but nothing on the driveway so snow pile chances are pretty slim. It is actually snowing lightly at times so there's that!

Exact here in Media Delaware County we had a dusting 3 times and it evaporated away.  All told it snowed lightly for about 45 minutes now.  All we have for it is 0.1" that has come and gone 3 times so I guess 0.3"

7 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Exact here in Media Delaware County we had a dusting 3 times and it evaporated away.  All told it snowed lightly for about 45 minutes now.  All we have for it is 0.1" that has come and gone 3 times so I guess 0.3"

Congrats for seizing the lead in the great tenth of an inch race of winter 2022 in SEPA 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

If that position of the low verified as shown, it would be a bit close to the coast and could cause mixing issues.

Not with the surface wind vectors NNE as shown. Perfect spot and wind trajectory on that map. Speaking verbatim on the euro, not my call, but that look likely wouldn't be an issue 95 n and w.

Eta: 850 winds r actually NW. ecmwf_T850_neus_5.thumb.png.73fcd953678f1ba3b7759f8afa01007f.png