Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discobs 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, wrb129 said:

Roads are nasty today in Jarrettsville/Hunt Valley. Definitely black ice out there. Be careful all.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

At 08:43:13 our EDG kicked in because power became unstable.  Humming was detected (and heard!) to our NNE.  99% of the time when this happens during fair weather it's a vehicle accident involving a power pole.  As of now we're back on the grid.

It's ironic as exactly two weeks ago we were getting flurries and the roads were pretreated (brine) the day before.

Even though it did rain at 33F last night the ground temps are cold enough to support black ice which as everyone knows is extremely dangerous!

36 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

New updates to the Tempest Android app are nice. Now shows highest/lowest temp, wind, rainfall, etc. recorded in the past month, year, and all time. Considering the constraints I have on the size of my property, this is a nice little weather station. 

It's OK considering the price.  For apps they really need a full dark OLED mode.

12 hours ago, mattie g said:

Midwest has trended slightly colder while the east torched? UHI has helped highlight AGW?

UHI always helps, but I’m not sure that the map is really highlighting that, given a lot of more rural areas that match the dense areas. Some of it is patterns, some is probably just the starting and ending dates.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic