...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 10 AM EST
TUESDAY...

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations
  of up to one inch and ice accumulations of a light glaze
  expected.

Must be due to the possible icing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I mean our summers are not that hot, and furthermore they are definitely not that long.  Why anyone would want to escape the week of heat we get to go put a shawl on is beyond me. 

Yeah variability matters, too. Speaking for SNE, occasionally summers begin early are nearly non-stop torch May into September with just a few cooler interludes, while others struggle to get going and we barely hit 90F a few times.  Not unlike "bad" winters really. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I honestly don't care...in fact, whereas I work in the AM, CT can have the inch.

This system has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. The only thing it may accomplish is adding a degree of difficulty to my morning commute. They will undoubtedly dump a shit load of salt on the road like they are seasoning a Christmas prime rib, that will be caked on my car until this weekends monsoon rain event.

Ill pass on the inch

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This system has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. The only thing it may accomplish is adding a degree of difficulty to my morning commute. They will undoubtedly dump a shit load of salt on the road like they are seasoning a Christmas prime rib, that will be caked on my car until this weekends monsoon rain event.

Ill pass on the inch

Absolutely agree.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Radar is exactly what is projected. Energy reinvigorates as it approaches the Hudson Valley. 1 to 3 seems reasonable 

It’s probably is because although model runs show accumulating snow taking place in CT later, they dont show so much of it happening in PA. And PA is where the stuff is right now. That’s why it looks bad.

or maybe less of a cause and effect thing here but more of a… this is consistent with that dealio.

3 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

It’s probably is because although model runs show accumulating snow taking place in CT later, they dont show so much of it happening in PA. And PA is where the stuff is right now. That’s why it looks bad.

or maybe less of a cause and effect thing here but more of a… this is consistent with that dealio.

It looks to blossom later tonight when it hits New England, looks like a 1-3 stripe along the CT/Mass border.