Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Jumped a good 15 or so miles north from 00z.

I’m assuming you meant 150?

Meanwhile expectations are skewed.   Remember the pattern change is just beginning.   Everyone looks at AK seeing the pig gone and assumes it’s instant snow.    RNA takes a toll until NAO is established.   Presuming that prog (getting the nao in here) is correct, I envision us partying like the big winter days once that happens.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Meanwhile expectations are skewed.   Remember the pattern change is just beginning.   Everyone looks at AK seeing the pig gone and assumes it’s instant snow.    RNA takes a toll until NAO is established.   Presuming that prog (getting the nao in here) is correct, I envision us partying like the big winter days once that happens.   

15-20.

image.thumb.png.2e415fd1615d1c70f484719f854e6c68.png

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Just look past Christmas. Save yourself some Meds.

Yep. We may score something before Christmas. The potential is there for sure but the pattern does continue to improve once past Christmas. 

Dec 18-19 was always a long shot for us in SNE. Maybe the euro will score a coup, but my money is against it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep. We may score something before Christmas. The potential is there for sure but the pattern does continue to improve once past Christmas. 

Dec 18-19 was always a long shot for us in SNE. Maybe the euro will score a coup, but my money is against it. 

And to clarify I was more referring to him and I, but yeah...anything before is gravy. Next week has more potential.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I agree. Unfortunately, while it nailed that last event going to shit, its probably wrong here bc there is no ensemble support.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have some motherfukkers up here for sunday.

• Like 1

I know what this is...

The GFS still possess an ever so much but crucial inaccuracy in handling the BL thermodynamics of saturation - a product heredity that kicked in a handful of "upgrades" ago... 

I suspect that is why it is not seeing/assessing the BL resistance of interior SNE/SE NY and the eastern Capital District of NYS as having upper 20s DP in near or at saturation, and instead, drills the temp/dp combo to something like 40/35 while the light to moderate ordeal plays out through the weekend.

I would not trust the GFS in this situation.  Both it, and the Euro never move the antecedent front back N into CT-RI, and once that sets up ... and assuming the Euro handles the BL more precisely...sorry -

The GGEM ...not sure how to account for that - it could be arriving at it's layouts through different means/local biases  ( or not..) but, it does, just cursory, looks like it doesn't lay out as much antecedent +PP into central/NNE... prior to arrival, so it whether or not it is handling the BL resistance or not, it never has a chance to test that because it's about 4 ... 6 mb lower in ambient PP compared to Euro. 

That's where I am leaning as of this hour - less weight on the GFS's hydgroscopic thermodynamics, in lieu of more accuracy handling that in the Euro ...and possible BL resistance feedbacks. Should the Euro arrive with less lead +PP, then I lean away..

That would be situation where the earlier runs of the GFS were right for the wrong reasons though -

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I understand… I’m just saying what’s going to happen lol. 

I look at it like this. Lay the foundation down. NNE barely has had any synoptic snows outside of a few inches. They'll get that Saturday. Maybe interior again gets something next week. It will slowly progress south.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I understand… I’m just saying what’s going to happen lol. 

First of all, you’re talking about a potential that’s 8 days away lol….no model or anybody knows what type of evolution this first system will create out in La la land for next Wednesday’s potential.  It’s a futile endeavor to try and worry about what might happen middle of next week, on Tuesday of this week. Pump the brakes Deb! 

• Weenie 3