Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

room for that to move N too.  Looked initially better with cold air

I still think it goes north. The funny thing is that the location of the low isn't hugging on that depiction....it's just that the airmass ahead is just beginning to cool. If we had the cold to start, probably would be congrats Cape.

29 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

wow, the 12z GGEM took that 00z run and made it even more dramatic looking ...

Somewhere, there is a man putting down 100,000$ on NYJ to win the Superbowl

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

tries to sustain 12 hrs of bona fide blizzard headline ...

Why are you the only one talking about this?  I didn’t see the run..but we know how the Canadian is always giving fantasy snow.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Honestly, the 80s return would be some nice humble pie. You youngin's laugh.....but it made Gen-X stronger. Now you people are cancel and KU culture. 

People diss the 80s, some for good reason (It's easily the least snowy decade at the Farmington co-op) but it had some great stuff if one was in the right place.  1981-82 in Fort Kent had 185.8" snow, capped by the April blizzard.  83-84 had a bit less snowfall (171") but it was much more dense than usual and SDDS and max depth are both tops in my experience.  It also included the biggest snowfall I've recorded.  January 1987 in Gardiner had 5 snowstorms totaling 49" and a long-lasting pack that was extinguished by a huge rainstorm that led to a major flood and Maine's greatest peak flow on record.  And the decade ended with December 1989.  :D

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

You sure you aren’t talking about the 00z? 12z goes out to sea my weatherbell only goes to 240. 

Yea, he must be talking about how deep the trough is because it doesn't do anything in terms of sensible appeal here....its a 1980's special, as both events blow on opposite ends of the spectrum...rain-whiff.

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

People diss the 80s, some for good reason (It's easily the least snowy decade at the Farmington co-op) but it had some great stuff if one was in the right place.  1981-82 in Fort Kent had 185.8" snow, capped by the April blizzard.  83-84 had a bit less snowfall (171") but it was much more dense than usual and SDDS and max depth are both tops in my experience.  It also included the biggest snowfall I've recorded.  January 1987 in Gardiner had 5 snowstorms totaling 49" and a long-lasting pack that was extinguished by a huge rainstorm that led to a major flood and Maine's greatest peak flow on record.  And the decade ended with December 1989.  :D

We did have some good late season events, I'll give you that. I'm just speaking overall. A lot of my disdain comes after 1988 lol. I do recall the '97 floods. Although I did not experience it, I remember watching it on the news. 

6 minutes ago, tamarack said:

158374857_Flood87.jpg.ed4dcf0229ad76a71bd7d5e105fb5edc.jpgFairbanks.jpg.d4bf9b3d35384250918de708bf91bf86.jpg

Worst i have ever experienced.