Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

That was a longitude event.  I lived a few blocks from wxniss and we met for a walk while it was pounding.  After about 45 minutes it was pouring rain but the event got rescued as we went back to snow 2 hours later.  I think my current location got around 8 inches.

I would imagine the East coast of SNE has much more in the way of erratic ptype line with some storms than the south coast. That’s my guess. But I really haven’t spent much time in Massachusetts, cape, Boston or whatever. Not that I don’t like that, it’s just that my family and I always end up in CT or RI. Providence is sort of a transition area between south coast effect and east coast effect.

i am much more familiar with the south coast. In any case, storms tend to start as snow then turn to rain. The flip back to snow isn’t that frequent in my memory. I know of areas that are the opposite where it always starts as rain and turns to snow… mostly because it’s a cold front thing. No matter where I live, I’ve had issues with cold front rain to snow transitions always taking longer than advertised especially back in the day. Just when it finally changes over it is coming to an end and it’s too late for accumulation. This effect is why leeside foothills out west can receive multiples of snow compared to the east side of the valley just a few miles to the east. And more than once I have purposely relocated myself to some cabin in those hills just to get the best of that.

i can’t afford to do that anymore. 

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just watch ensembles at that range

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We’ll … the probabilistic upshot of that is that D10 GFS deterministic solutions are usually determined NOT to successfully take place. 

I posted that for fun btw -

18 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I notice Accuweather just posted their blurb about the holiday weekend. They’re taking a relatively warm assumption and it looks uncannily just like yesterday was for us.

Off with their heads ;) jk

maybe forkyfork works for them

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

I would imagine the East coast of SNE has much more in the way of erratic ptype line with some storms than the south coast. That’s my guess. But I really haven’t spent much time in Massachusetts, cape, Boston or whatever. Not that I don’t like that, it’s just that my family and I always end up in CT or RI. Providence is sort of a transition area between south coast effect and east coast effect.

i am much more familiar with the south coast. In any case, storms tend to start as snow then turn to rain. The flip back to snow isn’t that frequent in my memory. I know of areas that are the opposite where it always starts as rain and turns to snow… mostly because it’s a cold front thing. No matter where I live, I’ve had issues with cold front rain to snow transitions always taking longer than advertised especially back in the day. Just when it finally changes over it is coming to an end and it’s too late for accumulation. This effect is why leeside foothills out west can receive multiples of snow compared to the east side of the valley just a few miles to the east. And more than once I have purposely relocated myself to some cabin in those hills just to get the best of that.

i can’t afford to do that anymore. 

Every event is nuanced here due to the effects of being right next to the Atlantic and a stones throw away from the Gulf Stream.

There are several demarcation lines for events depending on how cold the air mass is and the track of the storm. We probably only have a couple events a year, if we’re lucky, that mixed precipitation isn’t an issue somewhere in SNE. Sometimes it’s I-95, sometimes it’s the Mass Pike, sometimes it’s I-495.

The south coast definitely has more issues with P-type than the east coast. In fact the east coast (or north shore and south shore) often picks up extra snow in Nor’Easters where ocean enhancement kicks in as the storms pull east. That never really happens at the south coast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As ALWAYS, this board talks in Riddles and Expects people to know what in Jesus you are saying….  

Come north to WRJ area mile marker 70.”  

What in TARNATION is WRJ????  And how would I know if it’s Snowing where the little Marker 70 is?  And do you mean Mille Marker 70?  Moose Marker 70?  Is it a big green state sign?  Is it a little yellow one?  

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

As ALWAYS, this board talks in Riddles and Expects people to know what in Jesus you are saying….  

Come north to WRJ area mile marker 70.”  

What in TARNATION is WRJ????  And how would I know if it’s Snowing where the little Marker 70 is?  And do you mean Mille Marker 70?  Moose Marker 70?  Is it a big green state sign?  Is it a little yellow one?  

Look at a map?  White River Jct. If you looked at a map, you would have seen I-91 and I-89 intersect there and you may have them been able to deduce what may have been a logical route, up 91 to 89, down to 93 and back to Boston, where you said you needed to end up. Along the way, you might have seen some small, green signs along the side of the road with a series of numbers on them. The one with a 70 would be mile marker 70. I know it’s complicated but I’m sure you can figure it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Why are you triggered?

So he's "triggered" when people post random warm maps of one snapshot in time, and triggered when he asks why he is being weenied when also simply posting maps....interesting lol

Gotta love how posting long range snowstorms draws ridicule, but posting extended lead warm charts is "factual". This place is unbearable when it's not snowing.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1