Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2021 Medium/Long Range Discussion Thread

North Balti Zen

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Lol 6z GFS for next Sunday. Anafrontal events with dynamic cooling needed to get snow. We excel at those!!

Can count on one hand the number of times those events worked out. It's not all my fingers either, I can tell you that haha. Best one in my memory was one when I was in college in November of all months. Back in Baltimore.....meh

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Can count on one hand the number of times those events worked out. It's not all my fingers either, I can tell you that haha. Best one in my memory was one when I was in college in November of all months. Back in Baltimore.....meh

I mean, sure, it can happen. But I’ll believe it when I’m shoveling. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

With this increasingly coherent MJO passage past the dateline, we should start to see some response in the ensemble mean 500mb anomalies. But  yikes, they haven’t yet.

Might be a case where the ensembles 'catch on' and flip within a few runs, but I am more inclined to think it will take some time before the longwave pattern shifts. Still seeing hints on the extended products at the very end of the month.

2 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

If you are talking about the one circa 15 Nov in 1987, I remember it well...  Was a tremendous surprise.  Brought the DC commute to its knees...  

• mappy unpinned this topic