Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

I see people just walk out at Home Depot with a cart of generators or power tools all the time. Most stores have a policy that employees not do anything as the merchandise is insured. Even if the cops come there is a no chase policy in CT so they simply speed away. 

A few years ago, a friend of mine was a manager at the Home Depot in Northampton and got fired for confronting two shop lifters.  
smh

• Sad 1

It's almost like Northern New England cheats photographic competition - like slipping into the marathon at mile 24.

By shear value of everywhere one looks, to those unfamiliar are arrested by what takes anyone and everywhere else in the U.S. ... extensive planning in prep, cam tech, just to get a chance to accidentally capture the same aesthetic.  I mean, Ansel Adams would snap off a thousand photos before capturing that perfect instant of synergy, where sight and light combined in a fleeting instant, to expose the suggestion of a hidden divinity to nature - if lucky, goes to to print.  

NNE? meh. Lol.  The local denizen mill about and carry on in their lives under nature's frescoes. In every direction one is addled by an eye-candy house of mirrors.   Probably?  - they are quite bored with it. "Yeah yeah..." 

It wouldn't shock me if that was the case.  I mean... I was an impressionable wide-eyed lad when I moved from Michigan to the Cape Ann way back in the day.  Yes ...Kalamazoo Michigan, with its industrially vacated half-size Worcester metropolis serving as an attractive rest stop along the booming Chicago Detroit drug and gang trade route, what a charming island it was ... set out amidst cow-shit and corn silos.  Welcome to early 1980s southern Michigan.  Truly riveting everyday expose's of natural visual arts, no doubt!

What had first stunned me, with rocky headland vistas over taking the vast expanse of the stormy seas .. it was indescribable. 

A year later?   Tourists coming to town to take in the same awe-inspiring settings and expose's couldn't shut up about sooner. Ugh. 

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Winter cancel, everyone.  I just bought my new snowblower.

What did you get?   I got one last year-cordless rechargeable and it works fine but I’m an idiot and didn’t get self propelled.   Thinking of buying one and selling the last years purchase on Craig’s list.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

What did you get?   I got one last year-cordless rechargeable and it works fine but I’m an idiot and didn’t get self propelled.   Thinking of buying one and selling the last years purchase on Craig’s list.

I got a Cub-Cadet.  I wanted to go with a Craftsman that was larger, but ended up getting a Cubcadet as my wife saw it rated at top by Consumer Reports.  Alas, can't go against the wife.

Cub Cadet 2-Stage Snow Blower, 2 x 24 in., 31AM5CVR709 at Tractor Supply Co.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I got a Cub-Cadet.  I wanted to go with a Craftsman that was larger, but ended up getting a Cubcadet as my wife saw it rated at top by Consumer Reports.  Alas, can't go against the wife.

Great choice. Cub Cadet’s are great machines. Nothing wrong with the craftsman, but the Cub Cadet is a step up for sure. You’ll pay more for the Cub, but it’s worth it in the long run.  Nice. Smart Wife! 

• Like 1

Operational runs struggling with potential out that far for two reason:

One the range ... duh..

But compounding that, massive pattern mode shift/implication - operational versions clearly struggling to hide immensely overloading potential.  A little fun by saying it that way, but I do feel as Will and I have been advertising for days, that 18th thru 24th ( likely biased in the latter days of that range ) is bright via multiple disciplinary methods for assessing longer lead threats.

This run of the Euro has little hope of evolving as is, but given to the multi day, multi mass field modality, as well as a bit of cross guidance support only helping ( sig -EPO collapsing into a +PNA ), .. in all, the run underscores the inherent volatility. ...something quite significant lurks, above the base climate signal.

It's a Archembault restoration event ... It's going to get cold folks, and the baroclinic canvas in the EPS and GEFs in that 20 to 25th is really quite fantastic..  Highly volatile.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Great choice. Cub Cadet’s are great machines. Nothing wrong with the craftsman, but the Cub Cadet is a step up for sure. You’ll pay more for the Cub, but it’s worth it in the long run.  Nice. Smart Wife! 

I bought one of the biggest Toro's they had, traded my 8hp in for the bigger one, the old one was about 15 years old. I think the new one is equivalent to a 10hp. I got it used, only two years old. Dying to try it on a 20incher.

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Operational runs struggling with potential out that far for two reason:

One the range ... duh..

But compounding that, massive pattern mode shift/implication - operational versions clearly struggling to hide immensely overloading potential.  A little fun by saying it that way, but I do feel as Will and I have been advertising for days, that 18th thru 24th ( likely biased in the latter days of that range ) is bright via multiple disciplinary methods for assessing longer lead threats.

This run of the Euro has little hope of evolving as is, but given to the multi day, multi mass field modality, as well as a bit of cross guidance support only helping ( sig -EPO collapsing into a +PNA ), .. in all, the run underscores the inherent volatility. ...something quite significant lurks, above the base climate signal.

It's a Archembault restoration event ... It's going to get cold folks, and the baroclinic canvas in the EPS and GEFs in that 20 to 25th is really quite fantastic..  Highly volatile.

I def felt like there was an anomalous high risk for a significant snows this month relative to climo, but it's tough to get bent out of shape if it doesn't work out...I mean, it's still autumn lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My friend Ralph since 1st grade some 58 years ago, took it on the chin in Westerly.  He was operated on this morning for bursts cysts in his bowels all the while his pool, yard , pool house, fence, deck are destroyed by a Tornado.  Unreal luck

20211114_141941.jpg

20211114_141940.jpg

16345.jpeg

Wow. Yea, like I always say...I do not mind whiffing on canes and severe. Just give me snow and we're good.

• Like 1