Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

20 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

I’ve noticed on the latest HRRR and NAM runs for that area around KAVL, it wants to bleed cold air down the river valley into Henderson County. You might get a surprise!

Same here! It's not a lot, but I've also got a few hundred feet to my advantage over Hendersonville proper. Sitting at about 2700'

9 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

It hasn't been mentioned, but I will not be surprised to see near blizzard conditions for some areas early tomorrow morning. Wind gusts to 40 are not out of the equation.

Two storm chasers locally will be camping out along Carver's Gap to live stream (hopefully) blizzard conditions. I wouldnt worry about their safety, these two know what they are doing. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Ill be making a trip up that way.

If I hadn’t had to switch out trucks to get my work truck up here so I could leave tomorrow I’d meet up with you there.  That Dec 2020 NWFS event I talked to a couple hiking the AT that had come from there and told me about waist deep drifts.  Alas I’ll be headed west to Oklahoma at some point in the afternoon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

If I hadn’t had to switch out trucks to get my work truck up here so I could leave tomorrow I’d meet up with you there.  That Dec 2020 NWFS event I talked to a couple hiking the AT that had come from there and told me about waist deep drifts.  Alas I’ll be headed west to Oklahoma at some point in the afternoon.

Yeah I know a backroad heading into hurricane creek and over into Max Patch that I use often in the winter to avoid the crazy drvers who don't know anything about driving in the snow. 

• Like 1

Two storm chasers locally will be camping out along Carver's Gap to live stream (hopefully) blizzard conditions. I wouldnt worry about their safety, these two know what they are doing. 
I'll be impressed if they have enough service to stream from up there. Gonna be crazy for sure.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Good morning & HNY folks, this system has some potential for sure! Lots of variables in play here. Low placement & path, amount of tilt, how quickly temps crash, & dynamics. Things are looking good for a lot of you. I certainly wouldn’t be shocked to see someone report thunder snow. I liked the fact that the models aren’t showing the infamous FBV dry slot. Elevational areas look golden. N Buncombe up through Burnsville, Boone, W Jefferson look prime to me. Depending on low track portions of the Foothills might surprise. I expect someone will report 10” if this maintains. Remember it’s weather and models can only do so much. Be ready for shifts both good & bad. Good luck to all of you and I’ll be living vicariously thru OBS, pics, & vids!

• Like 4

• jburns unpinned this topic