Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

8 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

HRRR is more amped too though compared to earlier runs. This system looks like it will mean business but very fast moving 

snku_acc.us_ma (18).png

Noticing on most of the models I'm right on the edge between bigger totals and nothing. I'm right on the McDowell/Mitchell line. Is that a result of being on the escarpment? 

1 minute ago, Ja643y said:

Noticing on most of the models I'm right on the edge between bigger totals and nothing. I'm right on the McDowell/Mitchell line. Is that a result of being on the escarpment? 

Yes, it's elevation dependent. On the eastern escarpment down in Marion to Morganton, it will take forever for the cold air to make it over the mountains. They usually only do well in CAD situations. 

2 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Yes, it's elevation dependent. On the eastern escarpment down in Marion to Morganton, it will take forever for the cold air to make it over the mountains. They usually only do well in CAD situations. 

OK. Yea, I'm basically straight up from Marion. About 2000' higher, so hopefully that will help

10 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Think this NAM run will be amped too. this SE ridge means business

This is like the one instance where the SE ridge can actually aid instead of destroy us, unless of course it continues to go ape sh*t and amp even more so to where we all end up raining.

Just now, Met1985 said:

Yeah this run looks fine for us still. The GFS has been very consistent with this.

I am worried about a huge sleet event however even up this way with warm air flooding the mid levels. But I am not complaining one bit. Either way it’s some type of frozen precip

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic