• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Relatively speaking yes. Given the GFS depiction of rapid intensification,  to elevation,  to temps crashing and high winds this could be a real thing. Not to get into extremes but this would be a time when this would be an extreme local weather event if all unfolds as is being depicted. 
Also going to be a VERY sharp gradient in spots. From very little or nothing to 6-10" over a 15-20 mile span or less.

Reminds me a LOT of Christmas Eve 2020

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Also going to be a VERY sharp gradient in spots. From very little or nothing to 6-10" over a 15-20 mile span or less.

Reminds me a LOT of Christmas Eve 2020

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah very true which will also feed the intensity of the snow rates. Anytime we are talking the possibility of thundersnow you know the rates are going to be insane.

GSP latest map and grid forecast shows Asheville at less than an inch. I never understand what has them forecasting way less than every single model. But they are the experts and are right more than they are not. 

I’m at work And can’t look, is that for the airport or proper? What does your pinpoint forecast call for Jason? Earlier today my old one for Newstock Rd area was saying 3-5”. I think this at a minimum will hold true for north of proper.

1 minute ago, NavarreDon said:

I’m at work And can’t look, is that for the airport or proper? What does your pinpoint forecast call for Jason? Earlier today my old one for Newstock Rd area was saying 3-5”. I think this at a minimum will hold true for north of proper.

Hey Don!! Mine was earlier today also on my pinpoint. Asheville was 3 to 4 on their map and the dropped to less than 1. So, they aren't very enthused.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

GSP latest map and grid forecast shows Asheville at less than an inch. I never understand what has them forecasting way less than every single model. But they are the experts and are right more than they are not. 

I'd play it safe if I were them too... I'd like to be under a warning here, but get the decision. 

23 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

They're the same ones that issue advisorys and warnings after snow is already falling.  

• Haha 6

• jburns unpinned this topic