Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

On 12/30/2021 at 9:11 AM, Met1985 said:

If we don't get prolonged cold the ski resorts will be out of business. 

I run a snowmaking business and its been an insane year for snowmaking hours here in the valley (Waynesville). We've had more snowmaking hours than Cat this season, in particular during December with so many inversions the last few weeks. 

Check out Latitude 90, they are likely to be the new norm for snowmaking at slopes like Cat; internal snowmaking, thrown out from the container. Link: https://latitude90.ca/

Rooting for you up Crabtree for Sunday night, looking good for northern Haywood. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Local Yokel Wx said:

I run a snowmaking business and its been an insane year for snowmaking hours here in the valley (Waynesville). We've had more snowmaking hours than Cat this season, in particular during December with so many inversions the last few weeks. 

Check out Latitude 90, they are likely to be the new norm for snowmaking at slopes like Cat; internal snowmaking, thrown out from the container. Link: https://latitude90.ca/

Rooting for you up Crabtree for Sunday night, looking good for northern Haywood. 

Nice to see you posting. Yeah this December has been crazy warm. Setting all time records and like you said the inversions this season have been numerous.  Hopefully this cold snap will help but it looks to warm right back up after that though.  

Yeah I like where I sit. We will see but at least we will get a cold snap around here.

34 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah the 12z NAM wobbled to the other side this run. I Still think the models are having a hard time nailing this down.  Seems like the more upgrades the more issues with the models. 

Yeah. They're bouncing around like crazy at short range. About the worst I can remember. Seems medium range is better. About shameful, lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Yep. Been watching the Thursday time frame as well as next Sunday. It's looking like wave after wave of cold air and embedded disturbances crossing our Region the next week or so. 

Haywood County sure is being hit on by the models the past 24 hours. I do wonder how much falls a sleet before transitioning to snow early Monday morning? I expect we'll see Winter Storm Watches hoisted this afternoon/evening for the Border Counties. 

The transition will be swift here in Haywood because of our elevation. I don't think we see any sleet at all.

• jburns unpinned this topic