Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Well technically yes earlier in the year as in last January through but this season is a big maybe...

Unreal. Can’t remember if I said it in this thread or the mid-long term discussion but snow aside, the above average temps are exhausting. I’m good with it even being slightly above average at this point but my station is at 73.0 as I speak. 

21 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Unreal. Can’t remember if I said it in this thread or the mid-long term discussion but snow aside, the above average temps are exhausting. I’m good with it even being slightly above average at this point but my station is at 73.0 as I speak. 

Yeah this pattern is not even close to normal.  The whole SE weather has been spring like...

1 hour ago, Maggie Ace said:

I've enjoyed our "January thaw" this late December. Look, I enjoy cold and snow as much as anyone. I strongly suspect that waves of colder weather is coming very soon. The pattern change will arrive in a "step down" process and it may come as a big shock for some. I just hope we are not 'paying the piper' all the way into April or even early May for the warmth we've endured. Late next weekend has me interested. 

I hope we have cold all the way into freaking June. Screw this weather we are having.  Literally pisses me off. Saw a picture today of Wolf Laurel ski resort and wow is it pathetic.  Unless the PAC NW calms down we will only see a shot here and there but I think the main part of this winter will be exactly what we are seeing now.  The PAC jet is just screaming through the west.  Good for them out there though. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Maggie Ace said:

I recall the winter of 78/79 at Mars Hill. It was uneventful until January when a brutally Arctic cold air mass and very heavy snow fell across Madison County. My car was buried from a 20+ inch snow storm. I also recall going to class in early May in shorts and running back to the dorm after class in heavy snow. Careful what you wish for. 

Snow in May sounds great lol. Oh I want all the winter weather! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Sunday night & into Monday beginning to look very interesting for WNC.  Euro with a thump on the 12z, GFS also has a significant wrap around NWF on it.  This appears to have some validity. 

If it happens, I may chase this one. I don’t like my odds in the foothills this winter.

On 12/26/2021 at 2:33 PM, Met1985 said:

Yeah this pattern is not even close to normal.  The whole SE weather has been spring like...

It's basically everyone east of the rockies,  the trough out west is unrelenting.  All my friends and family out there are posting picks of deep snow in Eugene and Seattle. 

• Like 2

• jburns unpinned this topic