Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

26 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Yeah I never really bought it. The warmest min that month was 93F and they had 4 straight lows of 85F during that 130-134F stretch. That's like 45-50F ranges. Nowadays during record heat the mins are usually 95-100F. So I'd argue that these recent 130F readings are their warmest temps ever. It probably gets a hair warmer somewhere in Badwater Basin though.

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Haha you guys do ask for copious rain every summer.  Been several summers in a row where it seems the overall tenor of the discussion is "bring rain...please more rain...maybe we have a shot at some downpours coming up."  Or the "any rain this summer has been convective, it doesn't even get to soak in. Hit or miss rain sucks."

Mother Nature loves her averages, the water was bound to come.  Memories of those 10-15" water months that seemed to happen from time to time in New England from like 2000 through 2014 occasionally for different areas.

Another dry day up here of course.  Sunday Farmers Market had hundreds of people it seemed and the Rec Path out front seemed like I-93 in Mass with bikes.  Folks seem to enjoy the dry when on vaca.

We’ve had a lot of dry summers locally. So the rain is appreciated, but boy it’s come all at once it seems. Let’s spread the love haha.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We’ve had a lot of dry summers locally. So the rain is appreciated, but boy it’s come all at once it seems. Let’s spread the love haha.

Like having a 4-week period with 100+ inches of snowfall, mixed in with some frustration.  It all comes at once :lol:.

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I never really bought it. The warmest min that month was 93F and they had 4 straight lows of 85F during that 130-134F stretch. That's like 45-50F ranges. Nowadays during record heat the mins are usually 95-100F. So I'd argue that these recent 130F readings are their warmest temps ever. It probably gets a hair warmer somewhere in Badwater Basin though.

Man .. ‘Magine halt up in 130 heat needing a drink or die and it happens to be there ?

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

If it’s under reporting just unscrew the set screws a bit to raise them. Maybe a 1/4 turn or something at a time and keep comparing. Just do both sides the same. 

Yeah was just reading up on that. It seems to be an issue when the rates get higher for sure. In a more steady rain it’s very close.