Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Summer Banter

HoarfrostHubb

4 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I'm sort of meh on the  COVID talk, I'm good with it when it's constructive sharing of information and some debate, but when it gets political or people start to seagull on this tread then I think it's time to moderate it a bit more or close it up.

I enjoy our crew and the links. When the stupid hive shows up then it turns to shit. That weird lady and her cohorts should stay in their protected bubbles 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I enjoy our crew and the links. When the stupid hive shows up then it turns to shit. That weird lady and her cohorts should stay in their protected bubbles 

Its incredible to me that you would read this thread with all its toxic trolling about hospitals filling up and anti vax rhetoric from your bros and think that people who just showed up the past few days are a problem. This place is gross and has been for awhile. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 4

21 more days till this thread goes bye-bye.  Than maybe we separate or y'all can just fire up a new thread here where all this "discussion" shouid have been in the 1st place.
https://www.americanwx.com/bb/forum/5-off-topic/
This banter thread has been cordial all summer and everyone seems to get along, mostly. It's the same troll who shows up and gets it closed down.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

Its incredible to me that you would read this thread with all its toxic trolling about hospitals filling up and anti vax rhetoric from your bros and think that people who just showed up the past few days are a problem. This place is gross and has been for awhile. 

and yet here you are

• Weenie 2

1 hour ago, nyrangers1022 said:

Long time lurker in New England thread with a few winter posts in NY.   Not here to get triggered and yell at people with different opinions.   I don't care if you want to wear a mask, or 25 masks.   Vaccinated or not, this is America, make your own choice. 

But what I do not like are companies mandating a non FDA proved vaccine.   These companies better have good insurance if someone is forced to take the jab and have a bad reaction (its rare but anything can happen).   

Other then that, I always laugh at the Dews and Stein topics.  Being I finally bit the bullet and responded here, you'll probably see me chime in from time to time now

Agree, though I think that there is a high chance that Pfizer will approved by end of month/early next month.  

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

first of all, if you don't like it, go away, no one is forcing you to be here and second, much of the discussion is not anti-vax...yes there is some, but it's not a majority.

• Like 5
  • Weenie 2

26 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Yes it is the one "woman", and her 2 liberal friends who come in here, make all of 10 posts that cause all the issues and get things shut down.  Your eyes are lying to you.

image.png.09a2724fecee8a8898ee4538f00039ea.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I'm sort of meh on the  COVID talk, I'm good with it when it's constructive sharing of information and some debate, but when it gets political or people start to seagull on this tread then I think it's time to moderate it a bit more or close it up.

It's never going to be purely informative or constructive.  There are far too many differing viewpoints, opinions, and beliefs in what the truth is.  Many just can't purely post about information without interjecting their emotions towards others viewpoints.  This stems from how long some have been interacting with each other over the better part of 2 decades.  Phin, while new to this subforum, has been around for a long time and has a strong opinionated view that conflict with others and there is no rule against other members from other subforums from posting in here if they so choose.  I've wanted to keep this dicussion as apolitical as possible but it's clear that's not going to occur.

If you're all of the belief that we should have this discussion continue moving forward, what would you like to see/not see from a moderating perspective?  We've become pretty loose but some stuff clearly crosses the line for some.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's never going to be purely informative or constructive.  There are far too many differing viewpoints, opinions, and beliefs in what the truth is.  Many just can't purely post about information without interjecting their emotions towards others viewpoints.  This stems from how long some have been interacting with each other over the better part of 2 decades.  Phin, while new to this subforum, has been around for a long time and has a strong opinionated view that conflict with others and there is no rule against other members from other subforums from posting in here if they so choose.  I've wanted to keep this dicussion as apolitical as possible but it's clear that's not going to occur.

If you're all of the belief that we should have this discussion continue moving forward, what would you like to see/not see from a moderating perspective?  We've become pretty loose but some stuff clearly crosses the line for some.

I'd have a separate OT thread for it.  When it dies out maybe the thread goes away.  But it's too hot of a topic to say "no covid talk" right now.

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

I'd have a separate OT thread for it.  When it dies out maybe the thread goes away.  But it's too hot of a topic to say "no covid talk" right now.

Yeah, I would say banter separate from COVID, I like looking at pics from Iceland and don't really want to scroll through a bunch of COVID crap to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

Yeah, I would say banter separate from COVID, I like looking at pics from Iceland and don't really want to scroll through a bunch of COVID crap to be honest.

I like the info. It’s what people are talking about. 
What I can do without is the “winger” comments and the name calling. The New England folks are ok. Jay and Phin get into it, but for the most part that’s benign. But the name calling and personnel insults need to stop. It’s generally caused by you know who. When that person shows up, that’s when it goes to shyte. 
The old thread we had was ok, I thought. Moderate it a little, but there is going to be some people who get into it with each other. But what’s unacceptable is the personal insults. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I concur. I feel strongly that people should be able to express their opinions. While the situation might be different in other subforums I think the COVID discussions are relatively friendly. I don’t mind reading what people are saying but  it would be nice to have more of a choice on when I want to read it if I want to read other banter instead.

The issue is that it’s washing out other discussions. We have no issues opening a new thread for a specific storm or weather topic for more focused discussion - the same should apply here.

That being said that’s just my opinion, from my perspective, and I would hope the people who post here in the forum much more often than myself have more of a weighted decision on the topic at hand.

• Thanks 1

A follow up to the UMass vaccination mandate implemented yesterday... anyone not vaccinated is placed on immediate unpaid leave starting on Monday.  There's no submission of evidence for in state residents, apparently they already have it in a database. 

Anyway, I respect the rights of employers to do what they want... decisions have consequences on both sides...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, RedSky said:

Local Walmart 75% masked and they have a "greeter" now stationed in the lobby again last couple visits I can tell they are just itching for the word go to inforce the mask policy again. Also no cash accepted for the last month due to "coin shortage".

Walmart 8 miles further out in the country has yet to say they have a coin shortage, and about 30% masked.

lol, really? or is this the continued push for electronic currency and more govt overreach.

• Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It's really simple, respect other's opinions and don't act like a little kid and name call.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1