Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,540
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    clydes6
    Newest Member
    clydes6
    Joined

May Banter 2021


George BM
 Share

Recommended Posts

Also -- all restrictions on businesses will be done this weekend. No more restrictions for any business in the state, EXCEPT the mask mandate for indoor places will remain until we get to 70% vaccination in the state. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, mappy said:

Also -- all restrictions on businesses will be done this weekend. No more restrictions for any business in the state, EXCEPT the mask mandate for indoor places will remain until we get to 70% vaccination in the state. 

Interesting!  I wonder how this applies to in-house dining then, I would take it that they won't have the restrictions on number of people eating in, though obviously you also wouldn't be using a mask while eating.  I hope we get to at least 70% vaccinated soon, they seem a lot more widely available now.  A part of me is a bit cautious, I admit, and hoping that Gov. Hogan isn't jumping the gun too quickly here.  But cases have been going down, thankfully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, wxtrix said:

you’re in the wrong thread. the covid misinformation thread is the NE banter thread. HTH.

Well I wear one everywhere (indoors) cause I guess its still the right thing to do.. and I got vaccinated.  I just am afraid that people are gonna drag this thing out as long as possible as out of contempt for those who dont want the vaccine.  IMHO thats just wrong on so many levels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, mappy said:

Also -- all restrictions on businesses will be done this weekend. No more restrictions for any business in the state, EXCEPT the mask mandate for indoor places will remain until we get to 70% vaccination in the state. 

This.. it doesnt make any sense.. it would if supplies were limited and there was a wait for vaccines.. but this is not the case at all. 

It doesnt make any sense at all.. I have seen polling data suggesting that more than 30% of the population will simply never get the vaccine.  

Knowing this and making policy like "we will remove the mandate when the those who refuse eventually comply".. is actually wrong.  At some point it becomes a personal choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Just stop wearing a mask if you don’t want to wear one.  And if you want to wear a mask, by all means please do.  I no longer wear a mask anywhere (i suppose if i had to get on an airplane i would have to, but i have purposefully not made any air travel plans).  If I’m asked to leave i do so politely. Lately, i see more people without masks and far less Karen control freak types.  I think that within the next month the weight of vaccinated people and freedom loving people will overwhelm any remaining mask mandates.  

Dafuq does that even mean?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, blueberryfaygo said:

Well I wear one everywhere (indoors) cause I guess its still the right thing to do.. and I got vaccinated.  I just am afraid that people are gonna drag this thing out as long as possible as out of contempt for those who dont want the vaccine.  IMHO thats just wrong on so many levels.

Wait...you think that people who have taken precautions and have made the decision to wear masks and get vaccinated will want to drag on the mask wearing out of spite against people who refuse to do so? Isn't that like...completely ass-backwards logic? And not only that, but you're getting upset about something that's not even happening?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Wait...you think that people who have taken precautions and have made the decision to wear masks and get vaccinated will want to drag on the mask wearing out of spite against people who refuse to do so? Isn't that like...completely ass-backwards logic? And not only that, but you're getting upset about something that's not even happening?

lol that post was something else 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Rvarookie said:

You know everything lol. Take care.

It’s true though. Vaccination doesn’t mean complete immunity. It simply means that the chances of contracting the virus drop significantly and that it almost completely negates serious COVID. We just have to accept that, in many situations, vaccinated individuals will test positive but have no symptoms and will not be able to transmit the virus to others.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s true though. Vaccination doesn’t mean complete immunity. It simply means that the chances of contracting the virus drop significantly and that it almost completely negates serious COVID. We just have to accept that, in many situations, vaccinated individuals will test positive but have no symptoms and will not be able to transmit the virus to others.

Without knowing the details of the situation, its very possible that these players would’ve just thought they had allergies if not for the daily testing I’m assuming they are still going under. If they all got J&J (which it seems like they did) it’s not crazy that an outbreak in the clubhouse could still happen. The difference being that a post-vax outbreak is a nuisance while a pre-vax outbreak is more dangerous.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:


Without knowing the details of the situation, its very possible that these players would’ve just thought they had allergies if not for the daily testing I’m assuming they are still going under. If they all got J&J (which it seems like they did) it’s not crazy that an outbreak in the clubhouse could still happen. The difference being that a post-vax outbreak is a nuisance while a pre-vax outbreak is more dangerous.

Absolutely agreed on all counts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

It’s true though. Vaccination doesn’t mean complete immunity. It simply means that the chances of contracting the virus drop significantly and that it almost completely negates serious COVID. We just have to accept that, in many situations, vaccinated individuals will test positive but have no symptoms and will not be able to transmit the virus to others.

Yeh def get that part. Just still feels like a lot to learn about it such as Is one brand more effective? Was it a variant? Why were 6/7 asymptomatic?

We don’t often to get to hear about many of the folks that still get it after being vaccinated, so with these happening to a professional sports team, it would be nice to hear little more about the data and learnings

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wxtrix said:

it’s been part of CDC guidance for months now. your ignorance is not a reason to insult me.

See post above.

I wasn’t insulting you, just more so analyzing your personality. We all know someone like you and as frustrating and annoying as it is, we have to remember you can’t help it, it’s just who you are for whatever reason. If you had the self awareness you wouldn’t be this way, so I try not to take it personal anymore

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mappy said:

Also -- all restrictions on businesses will be done this weekend. No more restrictions for any business in the state, EXCEPT the mask mandate for indoor places will remain until we get to 70% vaccination in the state. 

Yes yes yes!  Can’t wait til the mask mandate is lifted too. Hopefully soon in both VA and MD. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Interesting!  I wonder how this applies to in-house dining then, I would take it that they won't have the restrictions on number of people eating in, though obviously you also wouldn't be using a mask while eating.  I hope we get to at least 70% vaccinated soon, they seem a lot more widely available now.  A part of me is a bit cautious, I admit, and hoping that Gov. Hogan isn't jumping the gun too quickly here.  But cases have been going down, thankfully.

you'd still need to wear the mask to enter the restaurant, but there won't be any restrictions on seating inside. every single restriction on capacity, on all businesses, will be lifted in MD this weekend. yay!

12 hours ago, blueberryfaygo said:

This.. it doesnt make any sense.. it would if supplies were limited and there was a wait for vaccines.. but this is not the case at all. 

It doesnt make any sense at all.. I have seen polling data suggesting that more than 30% of the population will simply never get the vaccine.  

Knowing this and making policy like "we will remove the mandate when the those who refuse eventually comply".. is actually wrong.  At some point it becomes a personal choice.

well you said it yourself, 30% won't ever get it, which is why Hogan set the goal to 70% to account for that. :) 

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yes yes yes!  Can’t wait til the mask mandate is lifted too. Hopefully soon in both VA and MD. 

I know, its going to be great! We are so close!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yes yes yes!  Can’t wait til the mask mandate is lifted too. Hopefully soon in both VA and MD. 

Oklahoma never had a statewide Mask Mandate, they let the counties decide whether or not to do so, the reason why was clear: Heavily Forested Eastern Oklahoma & Rural Western Oklahoma . . .  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Iceresistance said:

Oklahoma never had a statewide Mask Mandate, they let the counties decide whether or not to do so, the reason why was clear: Heavily Forested Eastern Oklahoma & Rural Western Oklahoma . . .  

Living in a very populated area is why I haven’t had a problem wearing a mask. I don’t like it any more than the next person, but it’s been a necessary deterrent to the virus. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm as excited as anyone to see restrictions lifted, but I'm preparing for those restrictions to be put back in place at some point. I don't want to be a deb, but I just can't see the mask and social distance mandates being lifted and there not being a corresponding rise in cases that will be alarming enough to result in state and/or local action.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...