joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discobs 2021

George BM

31 minutes ago, George BM said:

+ a strong EML

+ swift deep-layer (400-750mb) flow at heat dome periphery

= unusually high dopamine levels in severewx weenies.

I'd just be happy with some real heat this year. None of this perpetual low 90s with a low Td. Something where we bake for a week in July and the big three terminals hit 100 for a couple of days. I love evenings after a day like that. The sun set and it's a big deep orange ball sinking into the cornfields.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'd just be happy with some real heat this year. None of this perpetual low 90s with a low Td. Something where we bake for a week in July and the big three terminals hit 100 for a couple of days. I love evenings after a day like that. The sun set and it's a big deep orange ball sinking into the cornfields.

Sounds nice but its not as pleasant in the city:lol:Steam coming off the streets and that smell:yikes:

• Like 1

A nice day out there for sure! Actually felt slightly hot on my walk at lunch but then again Im wearing thick work pants but could not resist the urge for a walk on lunch on this beautiful day!.. Thinking a brewery visit or 2 is in the near future this evening with the GF and the Pup:)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

A nice day out there for sure! Actually felt slightly hot on my walk at lunch but then again Im wearing thick work pants but could not resist the urge for a walk on lunch on this beautiful day!.. Thinking a brewery visit or 2 is in the near future this evening with the GF and the Pup:)

Our dogs have spent the entire day outside. Windows opened and its beautiful out. 

Barre class for me tonight, booze included!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I totally had to google what Barre was:lol:. Nice, enjoy!

Ha, all good. It's more of a yoga type class then ballet. Either way, I'm excited about it. BYOB and spend an evening with dance moms :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Prediction: for all the hand wringing about a cool spring, May ends up AN at all 3 airports. 

Looks like normal to above normal temps on the GEFS from early next week onward. Might be close. Upper ridging as advertised stays just a tad west, then retrogrades further west heading towards the end of the month. I will always take the over on heat in the MA though. Pretty easy call once we get into mid May. We do it so effortlessly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Looks like normal to above normal temps on the GEFS from early next week onward. Might be close. Upper ridging as advertised stays just a tad west, then retrogrades further west heading towards the end of the month. I will always take the over on heat in the MA though. Pretty easy call once we get into mid May. We do it so effortlessly.

Position of that ridge is key. Going to be close next week between seasonal and 5-10F above depending where exactly it sets up. And still not much rain in sight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Post another pic of your pup again at the brewery, somewhere on one of these threads...so friggin' cute.  :) 

• Haha 1

Looking good for 85-90 Wed through Friday under the building ridge.

As advertised the surface high will initially be right along the east coast, then shift southwestward as the upper ridge retrogrades some. Looks like we may get back doored by next weekend..

gfs_mslpaNorm_us_27.png

Yesterday was such a beautiful day to get the garden planting finished.  I wish we had more days like that!  May looks so great on paper with avg highs starting at 71 and going to 79, but it seems like days in the 70s are rare.  Case in point DCA just recorded 10 straight days below/much below average, and just like clockwork here come the 90s.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Filled in and have gotten an hour of steady rain. Only a bit over 0.1” though. Not enough with dry and a week+ of 80-90F.

Maybe some rain chances this weekend/early the following week as the High shifts SW, and some energy can drop in from NE over the top. Looks dry until then, with increasing temps. Humidity should stay pretty low, but we are spoiled so it will feel plenty uncomfortable if we do reach the low 90s. CMC more bullish on the late week heat than the GFS.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic