• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs 2021

George BM

Happy Mother's Day to all our moms! This is also my son's birthday so we have two celebrations going on at once. :lol:

I took a picture of these clouds because I've never seen this before- looks like perfect cylinders in the sky stacked next to each other with perfect straight lines in between (that's my best description). What causes this?

IMG_2871.JPG

• Like 3

51 here and mostly cloudy.

Some milder/drier air should work in from the SW ahead of the the low tracking to our north. Have my doubts about getting to 66 as forecast but we shall see. Need the clouds to break.

I wont complain about the chilly weather as long as it is dry enough where I can get stuff done outside, and I much prefer it to sweating and fighting off bugs.

3 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Happy Mother's Day to all our moms! This is also my son's birthday so we have two celebrations going on at once. :lol:

I took a picture of these clouds because I've never seen this before- looks like perfect cylinders in the sky stacked next to each other with perfect straight lines in between (that's my best description). What causes this?

IMG_2871.JPG

My guess is turbulence/mixing due to warmer air moving in aloft above the cooler surface.

Sort of like a Karman vortex street oriented on a horizontal plane. Pretty cool looking.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, CAPE said:

51 here and mostly cloudy.

Some milder/drier air should work in from the SW ahead of the the low tracking to our north. Have my doubts about getting to 66 as forecast but we shall see. Need the clouds to break.

I wont complain about the chilly weather as long as it is dry enough where I can get stuff done outside, and I much prefer it to sweating and fighting off bugs.

Forecast high is 71 here, but we’re sitting at 51. Without sun or some sort of mixing, we’re not getting close to that.

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Totally true. It's either 88 and blazing sun or cloudy a 51. Sunny and 70-75 is as rare as 28 with snow. Our specialty is 33 and rain and 95 and drought lol. 

lol 33 and rain requires temps to be 10+ degrees below average :lol:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CAPE said:

Looks almost completely dry for the next 7 days, with moderating temps. Nice stretch of weather, although I will need to turn on the sprinkler on a time or 2 to keep my grass area going.

Don't mind me I'm just screaming into the void, but it sure would be nice to get some warmer weather so my grass can finally take. Lows in the mid 40s each morning isn't helping.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

How we looking long term? I’d rather just have some heat then this dreary crap. At least with heat the pools be ready to go come Memorial Day 

NOAA saying 6-10 day outlook is seasonal with BN precip.  8-14 day outlook is AN temps and BN precip.  I'm ready to say goodbye to clouds and cool weather.

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic