Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

44 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Congrats all on Memorial Day Weekend Saturday.

5am Temps:

83F9A1D1-603B-462B-9177-CB47F51655B4.thumb.png.dc355399b5adea224609c1d925848096.png

5pm... still rotting upper 30s to upper 40s region wide.  That’d be special if it’s 41F at ORH at 5pm on Memorial Day Weekend.

F0768723-C772-43E7-AB65-43D79EE99538.thumb.png.67919383bb3c8f025f0bafe1eca82a3b.png

that's got to be record low maximums for some areas?

• Like 1

Well ... regardless of convection we got us a scorcher out there today.

As was warned ... if perhaps only unto myself heh, this is the first time we've intermingled this kind of theta-e density with the sort of temperatures we got going on out there.  The lack of acclimation to this point this season is making that an arresting experience walking out there.   Ooph     ...just sort of stand there looking around bewildered.

92 at several homes stations around town with DPs between NWS ASOS and here 62 to 65 scattered about ...  The HI is what it is but it's plenty and it' only 1pm

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well ... regardless of convection we got us a scorcher out there today.

As was warned ... if perhaps only unto myself heh, this is the first time we've intermingled this kind of theta-e density with the sort of temperatures we got going on out there.  The lack of acclimation to this point this season is making that an arresting experience walking out there.   Ooph     ...just sort of stand there looking around bewildered.

92 at several homes stations around town with DPs between NWS ASOS and here 62 to 65 scattered about ...  The HI is what it is but it's plenty and it' only 1pm

What are your thoughts on sensible Wx outcomes for the holiday weekend?

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What are your thoughts on sensible Wx outcomes for the holiday weekend?

I wanna see the Euro to be blunt - ... short answer? I'm thinking the rains/wet may be Friday night into Saturday morning, with option to sell on Sunday/Monday dreariness, because that could still end up okay, pending

- I think the 12z Euro is inside of 4.5 days for that mid weekend period ... and

I'm not completey sold on a punt ... I think these models look over-wrought with development and maintaining baroclinic activity/cyclongen given to the paltry mechanics aloft - the flow around that weakly closing mid level activity is all of 30 kts most quadrants and that surface evolution looks disproportionately forced - the Euro was guilty of it too at 00z but it's 12z yesterday seemed a better fit ... oy

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

image.png

Yeah...I typically credit the home stations of Wunder's network 2 pts for rube calibration - hahaha...

Still, the acceleration isn't finished... Seems the "bust max" should be 93 if we get an 850 mb lapse ceiling - not sure tho... Actually, shit - forgot to check the machine numbers...ah well

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I wanna see the Euro to be blunt - ... short answer? I'm thinking the rains/wet may be Friday night into Saturday morning, with option to sell on Sun because that could still end up okay, pending

- I think the 12z Euro is inside of 4.5 days for that mid weekend period ... and

I'm not completey sold on a punt ... I think these models look over-wrought with development and maintaining baroclinic activity/cyclongen given to the paltry mechanics aloft - the flow around that weakly closing mid level activity is all of 30 kts most quadrants and that surface evolution loos disproportionately forced - the Euro was guilty of it too at 00z but it's 12z yesterday seemed a better fit ... oy

Can kind of get the sense we salvage a fairly decent Saturday afternoon with some sun and if lucky Sunday too. Probably want to be as far west as possible to salvage a dry Monday unless that’s not real on 00z

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can kind of get the sense we salvage a fairly decent Saturday afternoon with some sun and if lucky Sunday too. Probably want to be as far west as possible to salvage a dry Monday unless that’s not real on 00z

Yeah ..that's more than less how I lean as of this moment ...  I don't have any horses in the race here though so if it butt-bangs the weekend pan-dimensional  fuggit. 

- I think I remember that once happening in my whole life, where all three days were miserable... -

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The GFS was much better than NAM on Saturday it seemed.  50s to 60F instead of 40s.  GGEM looked drying out but still 40s/50s.

What was mem weekend, 2005 like ?

I really don't recall...  But that was the year of the infamous May cried out in terror ... with 2.5 week's worth of consecutive 42 F days with 3 nor easters in between drizzle.   0 sun, ever.  lol

anyway, seems that's a candidate for a pan-dimensional punt, too

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What was mem weekend, 2005 like ?

I really don't recall...  But that was the year of the infamous May cried out in terror ... with 2.5 week's worth of consecutive 42 F days with 3 nor easters in between drizzle.   0 sun, ever.  lol

anyway, seems that's a candidate for a pan-dimensional punt, too

i remember 40's & 50's and drizzle the entire weekend

Why is Sunday bad? 

Coarse product at psu looks fine Sunday morning. 

But I’m not worried about this Euro run now that look at this because it’s actually stepped back from how bad it looked at 0Z ...so it’s still got continuity issues. 

I think that weekend still up in the air because the flow is weak - we won’t know until we get it right on top of it. All these features in the atmosphere don’t have a lot of physical presence ... otherwise we would have more agreement more continuity at this range. I mean that is the weakest 500 mb impression of anything ever so where is the Euro getting all this sfc response from. Interesting. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Why is Sunday bad? 

Coarse product at psu looks fine Sunday morning. 

But I’m not worried about this Euro run now that look at this because it’s actually stepped back from how bad it looked at 0Z ...so it’s still got continuity issues. 

I think that weekend still up in the air because the flow is weak - we won’t know until we get it right on top of it. All these features in the atmosphere don’t have a lot of physical presence ... otherwise we would have more agreement more continuity at this range. I mean that is the weakest 500 mb impression of anything ever so where is the Euro getting all this sfc response from. Interesting. 

It will continue shifting east . Tomorrow at this time Sunday and Monday will look different . 

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It is except it will not end up as currently modeled. Watch as the Messenger shuffles start tomorrow. Always do 

Summer its upside down. Really really sucks about Memorial day weekend. Those temps are brutal and to think I shut my propane off this week.

download (14).png

download (15).png