Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2021 Discussion

weatherwiz

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It will continue shifting east . Tomorrow at this time Sunday and Monday will look different . 

I checked out the ensembles a few very wet members, many dry.

-

Is there any blocking to keep this closer to the coast?  Otherwise I'd agree on an east trend

14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Why is Sunday bad? 

Coarse product at psu looks fine Sunday morning. 

But I’m not worried about this Euro run now that look at this because it’s actually stepped back from how bad it looked at 0Z ...so it’s still got continuity issues. 

I think that weekend still up in the air because the flow is weak - we won’t know until we get it right on top of it. All these features in the atmosphere don’t have a lot of physical presence ... otherwise we would have more agreement more continuity at this range. I mean that is the weakest 500 mb impression of anything ever so where is the Euro getting all this sfc response from. Interesting. 

I guess if 50s and clouds Neast winds off the ocean is your jam its ok

download (15).png

download (18).png

download (19).png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJonesWX said:

i remember 40's & 50's and drizzle the entire weekend

Yeah that year...  swear, no month has remotely rivaled that May for shear awe in misery ..not since, nor before.   It's like the 1978 Feb Blizzard of shit show Mays, the paragon of anus that all others are compared... 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When are you going to learn on the charts? I don’t think they’ve ever been correct. Like ever . Everything has already begun synoptictally shifting east and SE.  watch and learn 

18z gfs is wettest yet Friday into Saturday. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

18z gfs is wettest yet Friday into Saturday. 

Yeah Friday night rain.. clears out Sat Pm. We all are on same page there . Probably about .25-.50 for most and more Ginx to you south and east. I do not believe Sunday and Monday are rainy and 40’s and 50’s. I will say charts are completely wrong there and will change next few runs to any meaningful rain confined to far ENE and mainly Downeast Maine

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah I don't like the euro/ukie being a shut out here while you get 1-2", but we hope and pray. The euro has been playing catch up.

The ens mean is quite a bit less. We aren’t getting 1-2” lol. I think .25-.50 is a good forecast here Friday night and it’s mainly over by Saturday. IMO Sunday and Monday will continue trending for far E NE and downeast Maine . Just my thoughts 

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The ens mean is quite a bit less. We aren’t getting 1-2” lol. I think .25-.50 is a good forecast here Friday night and it’s mainly over by Saturday. IMO Sunday and Monday will continue trending for far E NE and downeast Maine . Just my thoughts 

Congrats on the rain.  GFS/GGEM/NAM.

E7FD5636-C699-4789-8AFE-79B801010DBE.thumb.png.a7d0eadf63ebf08462f75ae4cdfefc22.png

981FD741-572B-4BD8-8DDE-5C21AC5E4091.thumb.png.b2f8f2d0bf3b49c0f2ea5aee39f97495.png

F40B3330-2643-413B-8D12-825C2D4D257A.thumb.png.977f078582adbcfa6979c5aab51d82af.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let’s see how this # 1 changes tomorrow and #2 verifies come Monday night. Ok?

This is all from Fri/Sat.  Not talking Sun/Mon.

Lets just say if this were winter and the lowest model out there had someone at 6-8”, with a bunch of other models had 12-20”... and a poster said they think everything is wrong and they expect 2-5”?  They’d be :weenie: all day long.  You’d be calling for 1-2 feet.

I get it, you are Stein-bitten.  But you can’t look at the models right now and make that determination any other way than with emotions at this point.

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Lets just say if this were winter and the lowest model out there had someone at 6-8”, with a bunch of other models had 12-20”... and a poster said they think everything is wrong and they expect 2-5”?  They’d be :weenie: all day long.

I get it, you are Stein-bitten.  But you can’t look at the models right now and make that determination any other way than with emotions at this point.

I know and like I said .. let’s see come verification 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Lets just say if this were winter and the lowest model out there had someone at 6-8”, with a bunch of other models had 12-20”... and a poster said they think everything is wrong and they expect 2-5”?  They’d be :weenie: all day long.  You’d be calling for 1-2 feet.

Yup.....a big bromance happening there.  They should get a room.