He will be chasing to the beach to watch all the recurves

and only getting a stiff breeze and sprinkles

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

Just now, H2O said:

and only getting a stiff breeze and sprinkles

FAX!

Well, just read this thread for the first time in a week and I'm about all out of chances to give.

I strolled in looking to talk about Florida strippers pulling spiderman like web shooting moves and....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Well, just read this thread for the first time in a week and I'm about all out of chances to give.

I strolled in looking to talk about Florida strippers pulling spiderman like web shooting moves and....

So let's talk about that.  If there is bodycam video of it then we can see if FLUIDS went 12-15 FEET

• Haha 1

Just now, H2O said:

So let's talk about that.  If there is bodycam video of it then we can see if FLUIDS went 12-15 FEET

where's ravensrule when we need him 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

ive been out of chances. you're a better person than me.

how come the Mid-Atlantic banter thread is so much better than the NYC one

buncha hoopleheads all hopped up on strange breakfast meats, drinking maple syrup out of the bottle, stuffing jello molds full of hot dogs and canned pastas ya'll need jesus

34 minutes ago, H2O said:

Chasing will be easier 

30 minutes ago, yoda said:

Just get me in the center of a strong 2 with a tractor tire eye and I’ll be good.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

where's ravensrule when we need him 

Not sure.  But this story makes me think she could go to the carnival and do that midway game where you use the water gun to make the horse finish first.  Except she doesn't need the gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

buncha hoopleheads all hopped up on strange breakfast meats, drinking maple syrup out of the bottle, stuffing jello molds full of hot dogs and canned pastas ya'll need jesus

we are a weather starved close knit group. gotta chat about something when the weather is boring AF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Not sure.  But this story makes me think she could go to the carnival and do that midway game where you use the water gun to make the horse finish first.  Except she doesn't need the gun.

dude. the visual. lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

dude. the visual. lol

She can go bathroom from the sofa 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, George BM said:

FAX!

@H2O @yoda Oh you two were referring to @WxWatcher007. Yeah he'll get multiple truck-tire eyewalls and eyes, hopefully.

As for us?... Weenie-Os and Miller-Lites to drown the tears of being fringed it is.

2 hours ago, MacChump said:

i really hesitate to criticize the referees for my daughters' soccer games as they get so much shit from parents on the sideline...missed calls happen...the parents that complain about a missed throw-in call at midfield drive me crazy...THAT BEING SAID my biggest gripe is definitely the refs that don't protect the players and let things get out of control...i've seen some pretty serious injuries as a result, and this is at the u-little stage...

Totally agree.  Since I started refereeing basketball last year, I have made it the point to let the officials do their job and only comment to myself.  Yelling at them will only make them either miss more calls, or make the wrong calls.  

MY concern as well is around the safety of the players.  Because he let a few things go the other night it was very chippy.  With about 3 minutes left in the first half a player for the other team was called for a dangerous play in the box on a corner kick.  He tried to heel kick the ball with his foot near player's head.  At the time, the call was right and we were awarded an indirect kick at the 6 yard line.  A few seconds later, the ref realized that our player was bleeding from the head because of the contact.  Because of this new information, he could have given the player a card and change the result of the foul to a direct (penalty) kick, but didn't.   The player couldn't play the second half because the bleeding never stopped, but could have been avoided if the referee had better control of the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Curry ketchup? Now that sounds like a food of the gods....didn't know it existed! I use Frank's Red Hot like that. I often pour it all over my breakfast sandwiches and on rare occasions, scrapple. For me, their tagline is spot-on -- "I put that sh*t on EVERYTHING!"  :) 

We used to have a German Beer garden restaurant in Frederick, I think the one is Leesburg is still open, Donner Bistro I believe it was called. They had curry ketchup and that shiz was the bomb! Used to get one of their Donner cups with fries and shawarma with a side of knockwurst and drowned it in curry ketchup. Need to learn how to make it. I make my own Alabama white sauce for grilled chicken.  

1 hour ago, Will - Rutgers said:

We obsess over Old Bay that is all you need to know. :D 

Now I am researching GF liquor this morning.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Only the homemade baked stuff. Not the boxed creamy stuff. Think about it like Lasagna without the meat. :D

I don't mind the boxed stuff -- but I LOVE homemade mac and cheese.  All the different cheeses to go with the pasta - usually I use shells

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

We used to have a German Beer garden restaurant in Frederick, I think the one is Leesburg is still open, Donner Bistro I believe it was called. They had curry ketchup and that shiz was the bomb! Used to get one of their Donner cups with fries and shawarma with a side of knockwurst and drowned it in curry ketchup. Need to learn how to make it. I make my own Alabama white sauce for grilled chicken.  

We obsess over Old Bay that is all you need to know. :D 

Now I am researching GF liquor this morning.  

We need a dedicated food thread.  Really.  @Mrs.J could be the lead teacher in the thread and teach us all the secret recipes and ways to make food :lol: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just get me in the center of a strong 2 with a tractor tire eye and I’ll be good.

Do you have a boat for that?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

We need a dedicated food thread.  Really.  @Mrs.J could be the lead teacher in the thread and teach us all the secret recipes and ways to make food :lol: 

I could be on board with that. I am more than happy to put up recipes. I do agree a separate place for it would keep it all together. :D

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yoda said:

I don't mind the boxed stuff -- but I LOVE homemade mac and cheese.  All the different cheeses to go with the pasta - usually I use shells

Add some cut up ham and peas... now that is money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Add some cut up ham and peas... now that is money.

Negative good sir.  Pasta shells and three cheese mix is where its at.  Adding anything else makes it worse

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

I thought this was your boat

0fa1813bb3cbec2a4d812b2ae66bd62c.jpg

Retired and fully reanimated now lol.

In all seriousness though, I think we see a similar setup to last season in that the environment looks more favorable in the western Atlantic than the MDR.

Given how hyperactive the Caribbean was, we might see more activity in the Gulf and off the SE coast rather than big Caribbean systems. The 180 ACE predicted by CSU is just shy of last year’s season. Fewer storms but longer lived this season?

• Like 1