Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,541
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Newest Member
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Joined

Severe Event March 25th 2021


Bob's Burgers
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

* Locations impacted include...
  Brent, Centreville, Moundville, Lake View, Brookwood, Coaling,
  Vance, Woodstock, West Blocton, Tannehill Ironworks State Park, Low
  Gap, Mertz, Mercedes Benz Of Alabama, Eoline, North Bibb, Maxwell,
  Hull, Hagler, Green Pond and Pearson

A car dealer makes the list of “locations impacted.” Don’t think I’ve seen that before.

All of these cities and towns are in danger. Oh, and so is the Mercedes dealership.

That’s not a car dealership. It’s one of the largest auto plants in the world.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BIRMINGHAM AL  
1221 PM CDT THU MAR 25 2021  
  
ALC007-125-251815-  
/O.CON.KBMX.TO.W.0045.000000T0000Z-210325T1815Z/  
TUSCALOOSA AL-BIBB AL-  
1221 PM CDT THU MAR 25 2021  
  
...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 115 PM CDT FOR  
SOUTHEASTERN TUSCALOOSA AND CENTRAL BIBB COUNTIES...  
          
AT 1221 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED TORNADO WAS LOCATED NEAR MOUNDVILLE, OR  
16 MILES SOUTH OF TUSCALOOSA, MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH.  
  
HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO AND GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL.  
  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ATDoel said:

nah, that's the Mecedes Benz automotive plant.  It's a huge complex, they even have a dedicated exit from the interstate

I suspected it might be something like that, but still was surprised to see it in a warning.

It reads to me like a warning saying “Locations impacted include A, B, C, Walmart Distribution Center, D, E, F, Cabela’s, X, Y, Z.”

But in seriousness, I sincerely hope the plant gave those people off work today due to the tornado risk and prioritized safety over capitalism. But we know how that usually goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

I suspected it might be something like that, but still was surprised to see it in a warning.

It reads to me like a warning saying “Locations impacted include A, B, C, Walmart Distribution Center, D, E, F, Cabela’s, X, Y, Z.”

It’s bigger than most cities. Thousands of employees. I would not compare it to a Walmart Distro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BIRMINGHAM AL  
1227 PM CDT THU MAR 25 2021  
  
ALC007-125-251815-  
/O.CON.KBMX.TO.W.0045.000000T0000Z-210325T1815Z/  
TUSCALOOSA AL-BIBB AL-  
1227 PM CDT THU MAR 25 2021  
  
...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 115 PM CDT FOR  
SOUTHEASTERN TUSCALOOSA AND CENTRAL BIBB COUNTIES...  
          
AT 1227 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS  
LOCATED NEAR LOW GAP, OR 15 MILES SOUTHEAST OF TUSCALOOSA, MOVING  
NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH.  

  
THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  
  
HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  
  

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, janetjanet998 said:

EVERE WEATHER STATEMENT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BIRMINGHAM AL  
1227 PM CDT THU MAR 25 2021  
  
ALC007-125-251815-  
/O.CON.KBMX.TO.W.0045.000000T0000Z-210325T1815Z/  
TUSCALOOSA AL-BIBB AL-  
1227 PM CDT THU MAR 25 2021  
  
...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 115 PM CDT FOR  
SOUTHEASTERN TUSCALOOSA AND CENTRAL BIBB COUNTIES...  
          
AT 1227 PM CDT, A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS  
LOCATED NEAR LOW GAP, OR 15 MILES SOUTHEAST OF TUSCALOOSA, MOVING  
NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH.  

  
THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!  
  
HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO.  
  

Do we have any videos/picture of it yet?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ACUS11 KWNS 251728  
SWOMCD  
SPC MCD 251728   
ALZ000-251930-  
  
MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0255  
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK  
1228 PM CDT THU MAR 25 2021  
  
AREAS AFFECTED...PARTS OF CENTRAL ALABAMA  
  
CONCERNING...TORNADO WATCH 50...  
  
VALID 251728Z - 251930Z  
  
THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR TORNADO WATCH 50 CONTINUES.  
  
SUMMARY...A TORNADIC SUPERCELL OVER NORTHERN HALE COUNTY MAY PERSIST  
WITH TORNADO THREAT EXPANDING EAST/NORTHEAST FOR SEVERAL HOURS.  
  
DISCUSSION...A LONG-LIVED SUPERCELL, NOW TORNADIC AND LIKELY  
PRODUCING A STRONG TORNADO, CONTINUES TO MOVE EAST/NORTHEAST ACROSS  
NORTHERN HALE COUNTY, AND HAS SHOWN NO SIGNS OF WEAKENING.  
  
THE AIR MASS AHEAD OF THIS CELL IS UNSTABLE AND WARMING AS THE WARM  
FRONT CONTINUES TO LIFT WELL NORTHEAST OF THE BIRMINGHAM AREA.  
LATEST VWP OUT OF BMX SHOWS 0-1 SRH OF 329 M2/S2 GIVEN A MOTION OF  
245/38 KT, WHICH SUPPORTS A STRONG TORNADO.  
  
GIVEN WARM/MOIST ADVECTION EAST OF THE CELL, THE TORNADO THREAT MAY  
PERSIST FOR A COUPLE HOURS AS IT MOVES EAST/NORTHEAST ACROSS SEVERAL  
COUNTIES IN ALABAMA.  
  
..JEWELL.. 03/25/2021  

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, janetjanet998 said:

ACUS11 KWNS 251728  
SWOMCD  
SPC MCD 251728   
ALZ000-251930-  
  
MESOSCALE DISCUSSION 0255  
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK  
1228 PM CDT THU MAR 25 2021  
  
AREAS AFFECTED...PARTS OF CENTRAL ALABAMA  
  
CONCERNING...TORNADO WATCH 50...  
  
VALID 251728Z - 251930Z  
  
THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT FOR TORNADO WATCH 50 CONTINUES.  
  
SUMMARY...A TORNADIC SUPERCELL OVER NORTHERN HALE COUNTY MAY PERSIST  
WITH TORNADO THREAT EXPANDING EAST/NORTHEAST FOR SEVERAL HOURS.  
  
DISCUSSION...A LONG-LIVED SUPERCELL, NOW TORNADIC AND LIKELY  
PRODUCING A STRONG TORNADO, CONTINUES TO MOVE EAST/NORTHEAST ACROSS  
NORTHERN HALE COUNTY, AND HAS SHOWN NO SIGNS OF WEAKENING.  
  
THE AIR MASS AHEAD OF THIS CELL IS UNSTABLE AND WARMING AS THE WARM  
FRONT CONTINUES TO LIFT WELL NORTHEAST OF THE BIRMINGHAM AREA.  
LATEST VWP OUT OF BMX SHOWS 0-1 SRH OF 329 M2/S2 GIVEN A MOTION OF  
245/38 KT, WHICH SUPPORTS A STRONG TORNADO.  
  
GIVEN WARM/MOIST ADVECTION EAST OF THE CELL, THE TORNADO THREAT MAY  
PERSIST FOR A COUPLE HOURS AS IT MOVES EAST/NORTHEAST ACROSS SEVERAL  
COUNTIES IN ALABAMA.  
  
..JEWELL.. 03/25/2021  

That's horrible, that takes it right over the southern Bham metros, the most densely populated part of the state 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...