Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About WhirlingWx

Profile Information

  • Location:
    DFW Metroplex

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Most intense weather I've driven through so far during my couple years of driving
  2. pretty nice radar structure on the tornado warned storm west of Waco
  3. I see nothing wrong with them continuing to be bullish, after all, our talk of a perhaps tempered threat is mostly for I-20 and north, but south of that is still within the FWD coverage area
  4. I'm not sure that the warm front has moved any more than 10 miles north in the past 3 hours Again, this is more of an observation for MBY. Still a threat that can materialize to the south imo
  5. The storms near and south of Wichita Falls look like they're building south, they might impact northern DFW in a few hours at that rate. Might temper the threat for areas north of Dallas - Fort Worth later on, but still unsure.
  6. A little storm along the cold front to my southwest might bring some hail my way if it keeps strengthening. My car is pretty exposed right now and I'm unable to do anything about it
  7. Storm is tornado warned now moving into the south OKC metro
  8. Think it's important to mention the deadly tornado in Bollinger County, MO, because I haven't seen any of that in here. 5 killed by that strong tornado (prelim high-end EF2) after 3 AM. Tragic and yet another example of how "it only takes one" despite the event technically not reaching its ceiling.
  9. SVR for Jack, Wise, and Montague counties atm, already warned for golf ball sized hail
  10. Tornadoes Probability of 2 or more tornadoes Mod (60%) Probability of 1 or more strong (EF2-EF5) tornadoes Mod (40%) Wind Probability of 10 or more severe wind events Mod (50%) Probability of 1 or more wind events > 65 knots Low (10%) Hail Probability of 10 or more severe hail events High (90%) Probability of 1 or more hailstones > 2 inches High (70%) Combined Severe Hail/Wind Probability of 6 or more combined severe hail/wind events High (>95%)
  11. Lots of little cells going up between Mineral Wells and Vernon, so far
  12. Graphic for the above MD discussion... can't help but comment on how I really like the style for these, haha
  • Create New...