joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But how much further do you want it west? Maybe 50-80 miles but not much....guess it depends on your location.

Today's trends really sucked for NYC/W SNE. So for my backyard it sucked... hence by doom and gloom posts about the 12z runs which were not good. My cavaet was that I'd wait til I saw the ensembles and they were better. So I'm still interested for sure but definitely not feeling as hot as I did earlier this morning.

Today's trends really sucked for NYC/W SNE. So for my backyard it sucked... hence by doom and gloom posts about the 12z runs which were not good. My cavaet was that I'd wait til I saw the ensembles and they were better. So I'm still interested for sure but definitely not feeling as hot as I did earlier this morning.

It won't take much though. 50 miles or so means a lot.

Unless we probably see some significant changes with where the trough axis sets up I think we can pretty much forget any significant totals here in CT...even a more moderate event might be hard to get for most.

LOL Loved the revolving thread title, like one of those electronic LED billboars constantly changing as your mood swung, too funny. Yesterdays Euro run was one for the ages though, possible best ever, not surprised at all in the changes but man the intensity hasn't wavered.

There is more highs and lows in this thread then what shows on the models.........

They did, but I would take 50 miles west of that run and be relatively happy. Seems more and more likely at least the E gets a good thump here. At least we're not staring at whiffs.

Unless we probably see some significant changes with where the trough axis sets up I think we can pretty much forget any significant totals here in CT...even a more moderate event might be hard to get for most.

Way premature

Harv was just on. He said he thinks it will be somewhat further NW than this last one with the Cape again getting hit hardest. He said the rest of the coastal plain may be in decent shape but that amounts will fall back very quickly into NE CT where it may change to rain due to intensity.

:lightning:

Interesting too...the 18z GFS isn't as fast to reopen the system and have it jerk off to the NE. This run also has pretty much a perfect phase which probably explains it has a bit of a westward shift than previous runs, certainly going to need to see that given the trough axis placement.

Way premature

Harv was just on. He said he thinks it will be somewhat further NW than this last one with the Cape again getting hit hardest. He said the rest of the coastal plain may be in decent shape but that amounts will fall back very quickly into NE CT where it may change to rain due to intensity.

That is certainly definitely possible and I'm not ruling anything out, however, it would be nice to see some of the models start to handle the trough placement a bit differently than they are, if it were to stay verbatim not sure how much more of a westward jog this could take on, unless we got phasing to occur at just the right time.

Way premature

Que kevin's chair and rope

I think i will do decent on this one in W. framingham but i do believe i will be hanging out in bridgewater ma sunday nite.

Now let's get this thing to slow more.

That is certainly definitely possible and I'm not ruling anything out, however, it would be nice to see some of the models start to handle the trough placement a bit differently than they are, if it were to stay verbatim not sure how much more of a westward jog this could take on, unless we got phasing to occur at just the right time.

Henry M on Accu. commented this morning about how he didn't think the models would handle the inflow or the trough axis until we got closer to the storm.

Archived