joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If folks would actually keep their promises and show up at the GTG's..rather than saying they will come time and time again..and then never show.. they'd know there is a jovial comradery that goes on here. And that the prodding, poking and joking is all in good fun..and doesn't affect one's livlihood in the slightest. This nonsense of calling people childish, foolish..whatever is ridiculous and there's simply no place it in these thread's.

This is a place to discuss wx and have fun..not a gas chamber

If folks would actually keep their promises and show up at the GTG's..rather than saying they will come time and time again..and then never show.. they'd know there is a jovial comradery that goes on here. And that the prodding, poking and joking is all in good fun..and doesn't affect one's livlihood in the slightest. This nonsense of calling people childish, foolish..whatever is ridiculous and there's simply no place it in these thread's.

I agree....we all know each other because if we didn't, I likely would have been banned on account of hyper-neurotic obnoxiousness by now. :lol:

I agree with you to an extennt, sat on the sidelines today watching the drama queens, pretty silly but anyway I digress. I said yesterday this ends up being a typical Noreaster only more intense with wind. I stand by that and so lets say 3-6 West of Ct River cept for Berks 8, 6-10 from HVN to ORH 8-12+ Taunton Bob to Ray, Maine guys 6-10 , interior NH 3-6.

I see an expansive inflow still. My call for now although too early you asked for it. East trend over ticks back west, still room for the extreme bombogenesis slow mover.

You always do very well handling the inflow in these situations.

I don't mind the banter, hope and frustration I just don't like baiting, title changing etc but then again I don't get off on deliberately aggravating others.

I just cannot believe how much the models are changing still. The GFS just put the barnicle back on the rear end of the trough.

Glad to see the ensembles still on board to some extent... that really was key.

The op runs shifting east was obviously a disappointment but the threat is not dead. At least for CT I like my forecast from this morning of a "glancing blow" is likely with "snow likely" but a more impressive snowstorm is possible but at this point not the likely solution.

Glad to see the ensembles still on board to some extent... that really was key.

The op runs shifting east was obviously a disappointment but the threat is not dead. At least for CT I like my forecast from this morning of a "glancing blow" is likely with "snow likely" but a more impressive snowstorm is possible but at this point not the likely solution.

You've suddenly ingested the Christmas spirit?

Understood Kev but maybe 10-20 people out of probably 700 that read this thread go to the GTG. Whether I'm there or not, most of them are not and don't "know" anyone here. There's a ton of pro lurkers that never even bother to register that scratch their heads when they read these threads wondering why all the nastiness is tolerated. What's a joke to the insiders just looks ridiculous to others. I'm with you in saying that all things considered things are pretty smooth.

Moving on to the GFS the alignment looks poor to me to start, but that may change. Edit at 48 it's probably compensated by slowing down the more norther feature.

You've suddenly ingested the Christmas spirit?

lol well I haven't been around much of today... back down at my family's house in CT for now.

The odds of a blockbuster snow are a lot lower for many of us... that goes without saying. Personally, I'm disappointed. I really liked the Euro's look, consistency, and ensemble support. To have all the models really pull the rug out from under this one was certainly an option on the table and it appears to have come to fruition. \

At least my forecast from this morning hasn't really changed a whole lot... I would dial back a bit but the main points are pretty similar.

Archived