CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM doesn't leave the southern stream way hung back in TX like on the 12z run...its in W Louisiana vs near Corpus Christi TX at 42h vs 48h on 12z.

I'm still not sure this will end up that good because there's less energy on the W side of the trough coming in...but maybe it pops anyway.

LOL, hey I'll take that and the nice trend models are showing at hr 240, but bringing down a polar airmass closer to New England.

I commented about that in the pattern thread...the OP run redeveloped the sfc low and squashed it south of SNE keeping the interior all frozen. Nice little potent high in Quebec giving very sneaky cold air. Could be a savior in avoiding a huge 2-3 days torch.

The only way I can properly describe the NAM is that this run appears "more ogranized" meaning the trof not as broad.

Instead of the s/w being a barnicle on the rear end of the trough it's now in the base of the trough which helps the entire thing take a more neutral position early. This isn't even in the same ballpark as the 12z and will be more in line with the GFS and EC/ENS

Instead of the s/w being a barnicle on the rear end of the trough it's now in the base of the trough which helps the entire thing take a more neutral position early. This isn't even in the same ballpark as the 12z and will be more in line with the GFS and EC/ENS

Yeah, i just compared to 12Z GFS, trough axis is further west, though not as amplified

Archived