• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

The funny thing about this is if SNE was place about 200-300 miles S and E we would have been hit by probably 5 Major Storms in one year. Dec 09, Feb 5 2010, Feb 12 2010, Storm a couple days ago, Now this storm.

We are just getting really unlucky

You are giving me an idea....a few thousand tug boats....think of all the jobs it would create!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be skiing... again...

You had some bad eggnog today? :lightning:

Not at all. The guys out east can hope they get snow..but this probably hasn't stopped trending east yet. Just not our time in regards to winter storms. There's yrs it wants to snow and yrs it doesn't. I think we know what kind of year this is.

I'll still hold out some hope for a trend back west. I've said all along I'd be happy with 4-8

The funny thing about this is if SNE was place about 200-300 miles S and E we would have been hit by probably 5 Major Storms in one year. Dec 09, Feb 5 2010, Feb 12 2010, Storm a couple days ago, Now this storm.

We are just getting really unlucky

lol :weenie:

You win some and you lose some.

Does anyone want to go golfing next weekend for NY..shouldn't be any snowcover anywhere in SNE. Some of the courses might open up

Couple courses open down here, and later next week looks beautiful, looking forward to the warmth if its not going to snow, I have had enough of cold, wind, and snowless ground.

Come join us, its 50 a man, automatic two downs, press when your happy, and 5 dollar junk!!

Its not razor sharp cutoff, but its a decent gradient...it basically has 0.75" at BOS to 0.25" at ORH to 0.10" at the Ct River Valley.

What would be the cause for that? Is it b/c the storm deepens so strongly that it wraps up really tightly? Or is it just b/c of the configuration of the storm?

I find it much easier to deal with lack of snow when SNE is getting rain or mix but the Mtns are getting crushed. At least the storms are hitting. But - this OTS pattern can make one a little jaded. Especially W. NE & E. NY weenies.

The fact that most NE ski areas are still aob 50% trail count says a lot.

At least this storm looks to break up / change the pattern a bit.

Obviously the Cape and eastern MA are in the game

whatever. congrats

Thanks Sam, I know that is quite hard for you to say.

Anyways models seem to really under perform when it comes to their handling of the comma head and CCB on the western side of the low. With such an intense SLP so close to the Cape and Islands, I wonder if we should see more than 1-2" of QPF.

I will admit it looks a little on the bleak side but there is still ironically a chance that this could still come a few or so nautical miles northwest of its currently progged position.:whistle:

I agree ,we will have changes for sure in the next 4 days you can count on that. I think we still can have something in the middle .

I find it much easier to deal with lack of snow when SNE is getting rain or mix but the Mtns are getting crushed. At least the storms are hitting. But - this OTS pattern can make one a little jaded. Especially W. NE & E. NY weenies.

The fact that most NE ski areas are still aob 50% trail count says a lot.

At least this storm looks to break up / change the pattern a bit.

Those guys got 30 inches in the Feb 26 KU last season while all of us poured rain. I think they can wait a little.

Anyways models seem to really under perform when it comes to their handling of the comma head and CCB on the western side of the low. With such an intense SLP so close to the Cape and Islands, I wonder if we should see more than 1-2" of QPF.

Road trip? I've always wanted to try skiing the dunes.

:lol:

Whatever the outcome is I will say I have throughly enjoyed tracking the potential over the past several days and even don't mind that I have been up for about 30 consecutive hours now. While I would be disappointed if nothing happens it's only b/c I obviously want a storm lol but I also know that this outcome was certainly a possibility. The most fun part has been the learning! Can't go wrong with that and I don't mind not sleeping as long as I'm being productive, which I have been.

You'll be lucky to see a flake of synoptic snow if this east trend is for real

the issue here is the trend, not the fact that it went slightly east...at this rate, the GGEM may be right

IMO, if the cape is in the game, all of SNE is in the game...we're talking about huge deviations in expected track (not just a 40 mile shift that means the difference between 6" and 15" for Boston), but a track that may result in clear skies from Chatham to Albany versus the potential for SN+ for all

Yeah... 10-12" here :thumbsup:

Seriously, SNH, CT Valley really could use a few mod events or a big hit...

Yeah - there's a whole lot of us who are heading on 10 months with no event over 1". Pretty much the entire valley from Hartford to Brattleboro. Also large sections of the Hudson Valley. Most of the old timers i talk to in Greenfield say this has been one of the longest snow droughts they can remember.

I said this too, as a call into the radio show last night:

AND THAT PORTIONS OF THE

EVOLVING UPSTREAM CONDITIONS ARE ONLY NOW ENTERING THE MORE

DENSELY POPULATED OBSERVATIONAL NETWORK...WE WILL LIKELY SEE A

LARGE REDUCTION IN THE SOLUTION ENVELOPE WITHIN THE NEXT 1-2 MODEL

CYCLES...BEGINNING WITH THE 12Z CYCLE.

I think it important because that relay is still not complete

Yet, it has started, and it ain't off to a very good one.

Reading around some of the different threads, especially the winter complaint thread in OT, I just don't get some people. I fully understand being upset and all, I mean I think all of us in a way would be upset if nothing happened but some just take it to a whole new level, it's like everytime a model shows a massive storm some EXPECT that it will actually occur and are fully COUNTING on it to occur...shouldn't everyone of learned by now never to get fully 100% emotionally involved in what the models show in the medium or long range and to take the solutions cautiously?

Archived