joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Post Christmas storm threat is still vey real

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cringe when people refer to eastern Mass as "eastern NE". Aside from the outer cape, that's just an inaccurate description. (That's a carry-over from when I lived in ME).

Its not, Eastport Maine is, Cadillac Mtn in Bar Harbor is the 1st palce the sun hits in the US even though its further west.......

Your're new here..so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...You can call me alot of things..one thing you can't call me is negative. I can put a positive spin on anything

I am fully aware that you are typically positive and tried to remain that way through earlier today. Not sure why you are being so down now.

I cringe when people refer to eastern Mass as "eastern NE". Aside from the outer cape, that's just an inaccurate description. (That's a carry-over from when I lived in ME).

Yeah, should be eastern SNE...

Maine is huge (compare to the rest of NE)

Like when people refer to Worcester as western Mass...

A couple storms with very similar ridge axis positions as this one are Dec 26, 2004 and Feb 25, 1999....March 3, 1994 also had a ridge pretty far east, but that one was a coastal hugger.

Was there strong ridging off those coast in those scenarios to help block against the further eastward western ridge?

Euro through 24h has more ridging in the west and a stronger southern stream....what does it mean? I have no idea, since a lot of things can still happen, but normally I would take that as a good sign.

Gotta worry about some whacky stuff happening though up in Canada, which isn't easy to interpret at this stage.

Euro through 24h has more ridging in the west and a stronger southern stream....what does it mean? I have no idea, since a lot of things can still happen, but normally I would take that as a good sign.

Gotta worry about some whacky stuff happening though up in Canada, which isn't easy to interpret at this stage.

Yeah the heights east of the nrn stream seemed a little flatter, but the other points you mentioned seem ok.

A couple storms with very similar ridge axis positions as this one are Dec 26, 2004 and Feb 25, 1999....March 3, 1994 also had a ridge pretty far east, but that one was a coastal hugger.

I will take two of those three results from this storm. 1-2' of snow on Cape Cod, MA, certaintly possible. Much more amplified pattern then the recent storm that gave me 12" of snow. I mean the 50/50 low and NW Atlantic ridging all point to a more westward track in the end game for SNE. Accuweather forums are brutal, most of them are from the Mid Atlantic states and are calling this over. I understand that I really do, but they swing too much run to run it is quite comical. Anyways I think weatherwiz is right, not because I live here, but because synoptically this pattern continues to favor eastern areas. 00z EURO has a manitoba mauler disturbance injecting into the trough which phases with the other two disturbances for our bomb.

When I see people trying to make every single event a SE Mass special over and over and over again,,..well it does get quite agitatiing yes..and I know I'm not alone on that..not by a long shot

You've done more waffling on this one storm than iHop does in a month. Last week you said it was a no go, not going to happen, then it's a blizzard. Many of us have stuck with the same thinking which if I'm not mistaken is what 97 of the holier than thou threads have been about in terms of formulating opinions outside of the models.

I've specifically said the SE 1/3 of new england which included you, will and even ryan. I think that's the safe play with maybe a shift to the SE 1/4 which would largely be SE MA but I'm not ready to go there yet.

You talk about agitating, grow up and stop changing titles to create conflict for your own amusement.

Archived