• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2021 Short/Medium Range Severe Thread

Hoosier

I've got a horrible feeling about this set up for SW Ohio tonight, too eerily similar to the Memorial Day storms 2yrs ago. Extreme heat mid 90s in S. Indiana, 100 in St Louis to feed this system all night. I remember people back then talking about CCAPS (sp), anyone that knows what those are can comment on tonight's situation?

2 minutes ago, HighTechEE said:

I've got a horrible feeling about this set up for SW Ohio tonight, too eerily similar to the Memorial Day storms 2yrs ago. Extreme heat mid 90s in S. Indiana, 100 in St Louis to feed this system all night. I remember people back then talking about CCAPS (sp), anyone that knows what those are can comment on tonight's situation?

St. Louis broke the record for the day topping out at 101. I hate to say it, but if you are right I hope that severe s**t stays south of us like last time.

5 hours ago, sbnwx85 said:

Just commemorating the first IWX SVR Warning of 2021...on June 18th. We did it. Congrats, everyone.

E4L6uqsVUAIEv6e?format=jpg&name=large

And I'm proud to say that I was on the first warned storm of the year. It showed some nice rotation in southern Wabash County, then crapped out. The cell I should have been on was the one on your graphic in southeastern Huntington Co. There were multiple reports of a funnel about 1-2 radar scans after the one you posted and ended up dropping one southeast of there just before entering Ohio. IWX will be surveying in the morning.

EDIT: I just got on here and saw your post so I responded, then scrolled down and saw the pics of the one I was referring to. lol

• Like 1

To me, Sunday is the best severe weather setup this year in the bulk of the LOT cwa (except maybe northern areas).  That is partly an indictment on how lackluster this year has been, but the setup on its own has some decent potential imo with all severe hazards on the table.  Would expect to see elevated probabilities as we approach.

• Like 1

To me, Sunday is the best severe weather setup this year in the bulk of the LOT cwa (except maybe northern areas).  That is partly an indictment on how lackluster this year has been, but the setup on its own has some decent potential imo with all severe hazards on the table.  Would expect to see elevated probabilities as we approach.

Sunday could be significant.

Highly dependent on the evolution of an MCV tomorrow night in the Plains though.

• Like 1

With the storm line unzipping just to my east and south, was able to get some nice storm cloud images tonight.

Some distant mammatus to my east...

7V2A2779.thumb.JPG.ea39b6529b365ddb5bea0f275e7a5c55.JPG

The out-flow winds are very evident here. Look at all the striations in the clouds...

7V2A2925.thumb.JPG.767238785fc413f0db20065114dd6e0d.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IWXwx said:

(7:56 PM) nwsbot: Local Storm Report by NWS IND: New Palestine [Hancock Co, IN] public reports HAIL of teacup size (E3.00 INCH) at 07:50 PM EDT --

Ouch!

That was shown on TWC.  Very impressive....had a mild t storm between five and six this Friday morning here....everything else today has been south.  And view photo in this thread as well.  And Sunday does continue to look interesting.