Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, forkyfork said:

we killed the flu season. totally worth wearing a piece of cloth on your face 

I actually do agree with this.  I haven't been sick at all, been awesome.  I'm just talking about being outside, or around my family and friends I see all the time it's a bit much.  But in a store or something, or around people at work.....I'm for it. 

20 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

you disagree with sickness being bad?

i think a little sickness is a good thing. we need to be able to live with these viruses and build some immunity against them...kinda evolve together. there's a reason why the native americans were hit hard when the europeans came over. maybe the future is eliminating most viruses and updating your body's vaccine software every fall, but until then the occasional test for your immune system isn't a bad thing.

it's like the people who bathe in antibacterial everything. bacteria doesn't have to be a bad thing. we need good bacteria to thrive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

i think a little sickness is a good thing. we need to be able to live with these viruses and build some immunity against them...kinda evolve together. there's a reason why the native americans were hit hard when the europeans came over. maybe the future is eliminiating most viruses and updating your body's vaccine software every fall, but until then the occasional test for your immune system isn't a bad thing.

it's like the people who bathe in antibacterial everything. bacteria doesn't have to be a bad thing. we need good bacteria to thrive.

i haven't had so much as a cold since february 2020. i'm fine with that continuing 

Just now, forkyfork said:

i haven't had so much as a cold since february 2020. i'm fine with that continuing 

well you live in an area where people are on top of each other so i probably would feel different in your shoes. i'm in a semi rural area so i have natural social distancing...no germ spreading kids yet either.

Protecting yourself from colds and the flu does not require a govt mandate. Simply wear your mask and stay home. If you must go out, wear gloves and/or use hand sanitizer religiously. Perhaps also wear a face shield. 

I am pretty sure they still get colds and the flu in Asia despite regular mask-wearing, however. So your results may vary.

Maybe a common sense approach going forward?  Wear a mask if you’re sick and have to be out in public. If sick and you can stay home, stay home until you’re better.  I’d be fine with stigmatizing the “warriors” that go to work or school sick as a dog.  Again, if you don’t have the ability to stay home, that’s when you should mask up. Don’t be coughing and sneezing on everyone on the train or bus. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’m not picking on you, but this is straight up mis information. I blame the media and whoever writes these stories and the editors. 
The 6 month number comes from the trials and real world vaccination data. All this means is that of the people who have been followed, immunity lasts at LEAST 6 months. That’s the longest they’ve been able to really follow it so far. Somehow this little snippet got translated by the masses that immunity only just 6 months. 
SMH 

Thanks for the info! 

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

well you live in an area where people are on top of each other so i probably would feel different in your shoes. i'm in a semi rural area so i have natural social distancing...no germ spreading kids yet either.

i wouldn't have kids and expose them to the hellworld that awaits in the future 

• Weenie 1