Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

22 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Drinking a 120 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head tonight here in DE. I assume you guys don't have those up there?

Those hit their peak when they are about a year to 18 months old.

Sam grew up in Greenfield so the local flagship beer store in town usually gets in every single thing they make.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Supernovice said:

Crazy how convenient it is that the media is reporting the ‘flu’ is bringing India to its knees. Basically decimating their entire medical infrastructure. A million may die before August.

Ive heard from people around this happens every year but the lamestream media just chooses not to report on it.

Love getting a weenie from someone this sarcasm was aimed at. Maybe I’ll have to dumb it down in the future for those of us who still can’t properly spell ‘dimentia’ after multiple attempts.

• Like 1

Just now, Supernovice said:

Love getting a weenie from someone this sarcasm was aimed at. Maybe I’ll have to dumb it down in the future for those of us who still can’t properly spell ‘dimentia’ after multiple attempts.

The US has a stockpile of the AZ vaccine just sitting there.  Plus we have temporarily banned selling raw materials that could help India manufacturers who are making their own vaccines. 

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

The US has a stockpile of the AZ vaccine just sitting there.  Plus we have temporarily banned selling raw materials that could help India manufacturers who are making their own vaccines. 

That poster has some very serious issues. My guess is we hear about him/ her/they on the news at some point . Just be careful 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That poster has some very serious issues. My guess is we hear about him/ her/they on the news at some point . Just be careful 

I think he is a recluse like @fujiwara79. Definitely a class of introverts with anxiety disorders who have enjoyed the past year a lot. They are really concerned about a return to normal. 

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I think he is a recluse like @fujiwara79. Definitely a class of introverts with anxiety disorders who have enjoyed the past year a lot. They are really concerned about a return to normal. 

Not sure about that poster, but the one I’m referring to has never made a weather post . They’ve just made very angry , violent posts towards others and the mods have been watching closely in case authorities need to be contacted. We don’t need something violent to happen in our weather forum 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Not sure about that poster, but the one I’m referring to has never made a weather post . They’ve just made very angry , violent posts towards others and the mods have been watching closely in case authorities need to be contacted. We don’t need something violent to happen in our weather forum 

Lot of tweaked people out there barely holding it together, no doubt. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

:clown:

15 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

For sure. I am glad you are using the board as a place to vent. That’s better than taking out your frustrations in real life. Use your perception of me as a huge asshole to motivate yourself. Improve your own life so you can rub my nose in it. You can do it, man. 

What you're a great poster

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Seems my troll post brought out exactly who I was targeting- mission accomplished. There is something fishy with the IP around the vaccines. I was on a call with the CEO of Pfizer last week ( just me and ~200 of my closest friends) and someone asked about it...but the response was phrased very carefully...like too carefully. Does anyone know what the deal really is?

the situation in India is really infuriating...what a global failure this whole thing has been. I’m not sure India can vaccine it’s way out of it- similarly to how the Biden admin didn’t surge vaccine into Michigan- takes 6 weeks to see any results in terms of infection. But we, meaning the developed world really need to step it up in terms of supplying them ppe/ oxygen. Just  a really sad and devastating situation, probably to be repeated elsewhere in the coming months.

• Confused 2

28 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

For sure. I am glad you are using the board as a place to vent.

That’s pretty much what this thread has been for weeks.  Frustrated people venting all day every day over every aspect of COVID they don’t agree with.  I always think folks obviously aren’t going to change their mind at this point in the game, so why hash out the same stuff daily?  But it’s definitely a good way for folks to vent and let out that animosity towards those they don’t agree with, instead of doing it in real life.

• Like 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

That’s pretty much what this thread has been for weeks.  Frustrated people venting all day every day over every aspect of COVID they don’t agree with.  I always think folks obviously aren’t going to change their mind at this point in the game, so why hash out the same stuff daily?  But it’s definitely a good way for folks to vent and let out that animosity towards those they don’t agree with, instead of doing it in real life.

We’re watching them 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

dude it says you live in randolph, NH?  looks like a place only recluses or hermits would live.  LOL

yes, the 80% of us who prefer flexible work schedules are definitely recluses.  stay cool, boomer.

• Weenie 1

If someone had told me not even 5 months ago, when I decided it’d be fun to mess with the trolls on here (due to quarantine boredom) and already DIT would have threatened to call the cops on me...first I obviously would have pissed myself laughing, then I would have kissed you on the mouth. How very on brand for DIT.

Ok I got my laughs for tonight now I’m done. If anyone really does know about vaccine  IP I’m super curious- paging Whineminster.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

dude it says you live in randolph, NH?  looks like a place only recluses or hermits would live.  LOL

yes, the 80% of us who prefer flexible work schedules are definitely recluses.  stay cool, boomer.

You've been spending the last few days on here arguing lockdowns are awesome and fighting anyone who disagrees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supernovice said:

Seems my troll post brought out exactly who I was targeting- mission accomplished. There is something fishy with the IP around the vaccines. I was on a call with the CEO of Pfizer last week ( just me and ~200 of my closest friends) and someone asked about it...but the response was phrased very carefully...like too carefully. Does anyone know what the deal really is?

the situation in India is really infuriating...what a global failure this whole thing has been. I’m not sure India can vaccine it’s way out of it- similarly to how the Biden admin didn’t surge vaccine into Michigan- takes 6 weeks to see any results in terms of infection. But we, meaning the developed world really need to step it up in terms of supplying them ppe/ oxygen. Just  a really sad and devastating situation, probably to be repeated elsewhere in the coming months.

A pretty weird post. @Damage In Tolland you seeing this? 

• Like 1

What don’t you get? The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines should have their IP temporarily revoked and it should be like ‘open sourced’. Allow the world to manufacture their own for a period of time.

The Pfizer CEO said he was open to that in not so many words...but like I said it was phrased carefully. And we don’t do follow ups on these calls. Which leads me to believe there’s something else going on. Glad to catch you up.

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hit Redemption Rock in Worcester this afternoon.  Basically next door to Funky Murphy’s.  Not bad.  Nothing really stood out as far as their beers.   Casual vibe

Tried Leadfoot Brewery in Chicopee this evening.  The Summer beer, which is like a Belgian White/ Hefeweizen was outstanding.  Not normally what I'd drink except on a hot night, but glad I did.  IPAs decent, and I had a soft spot for the British Pub Ale for what it is.

• Like 1