March Banter 2021

George BM

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Haven't had that one for a while either. Good stuff.

And sure thing lol. I have a feeling the only WWS that's available right now is the one I found, but never hurts to look.

Haha right. Usually the liquor store up here just has it on the shelf warm but for some reason they decided to put some in the fridge for $9 so I’ll take it for a quickly and then warm some to room temp lol

3 hours ago, KAOS said:

The upfront money is meant to take care of initial expenses for larger projects like wiring an entire house. Certainly not asking for anything upfront as it relates to "service calls". Basically just want to cover the cost of permits and materials. A roof is different, in a lot of instances it is a one day job... in and out. Not really hiring people on Craiglist for an electrical project which requires not only a licensed contractor but a workforce that has the education and are certified to do the work of a real electrician (journeyman, etc.). So I am not sure that is a fair comparison?

Good luck on a warranty claim (i.e. GAF) if installers aren't certified!

7 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Damn. Yea probably deserving of it.

Nope. It’s crap. There was no penalty. This is simply because he went to the hospital. And it’s Wilson. The NHL doesn’t punish everyone that gets hurt. So to do so now is dumb. I’ve never argued his other suspensions but this one didn’t warrant one. Sometimes things happen. This was one. Komerov boarding Eller was more dangerous. That didn’t have any hearing. 

32 minutes ago, H2O said:

Nope. It’s crap. There was no penalty. This is simply because he went to the hospital. And it’s Wilson. The NHL doesn’t punish everyone that gets hurt. So to do so now is dumb. I’ve never argued his other suspensions but this one didn’t warrant one. Sometimes things happen. This was one. Komerov boarding Eller was more dangerous. That didn’t have any hearing. 

Just went back and looked at the replay again. I love Tom Wilson but his elbow made contact with the guys head and then the guys head was smashed against the glass. If your Tom Wilson you've got to be smarter than that.

Maybe Sidney Crosby wouldn't get suspended for that but Tom Wilson always will.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CAPE said:

Was outside pulling chickweed from the beds, put down some preen, and started putting in some fresh mulch. That March sun gets shit coming alive despite the cold. Saw some small spiders sunning on the rocks and bluestone pavers.

Damn chickweed almost completely overran one of my garden beds this year...we've had pockets in previous years but never this bad. One garden bed out front almost green with chickweed, the other still dead-ish with last year's mulch. I got about half of a Saturday coming up dedicated to bending over and pulling on that one bed. Can't wait.

14 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

If you get a chance, also check out Black Flag Brewery with the pup. It’s smaller and down in Columbia  but they are awesome with their beers. 

Checked out Black Flag's website when you mentioned them earlier...they have a lot of interesting brews I'd love to try. We were visiting friends in Catonsville last night who had a Manor Hill Brewery variety pack on hand, which I think @Scraff was talking about earlier this week. I finished a couple of the Irish reds out of the pack, pretty good.

26 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Damn chickweed almost completely overran one of my garden beds this year...we've had pockets in previous years but never this bad. One garden bed out front almost green with chickweed, the other still dead-ish with last year's mulch. I got about half of a Saturday coming up dedicated to bending over and pulling on that one bed. Can't wait.

It loves to grow here, like most other weeds lol. Seems to come alive in late winter, as it stays low to the ground. I yank it out and throw down a ton of preen, but it will still come back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Terps are still a choke team. I think it might be time to replace Turgeon.

Definitely a disappointing end to the regular season after a big win over Mich. ST last weekend. Losing to an awful Northwestern team and then Penn St will definitely drop them several seedings in the tourny.

6 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Definitely a disappointing end to the regular season after a big win over Mich. ST last weekend. Losing to an awful Northwestern team and then Penn St will definitely drop them several seedings in the tourny.

Brutal end to the regular season. All their improvement was thrown away in 2 pitiful games. Just awful losses. May have played themselves out if the tournament.

28 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

Brutal end to the regular season. All their improvement was thrown away in 2 pitiful games. Just awful losses. May have played themselves out if the tournament.

Well, Maryland gets Michigan State in the first round of the Big 10 tournament.  Unfortunately for Maryland,  Michigan State just pulled off a big win against Michigan and will have revenge on their minds for the beating they took from the Terps a week ago.  Plus, the Terps have played  like sh!t in their last 2 games.  But, I'm sure Turgeon will have them turned around next week.  :whistle: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

0z EPS implies flatter wave(s) damping with eastward movement early next week, a similar outcome to one of the common themes of the winter when there has been a strong vortex near the Canadian Maritimes- too much confluence in the wake. 

GEFS digs a trough along the west coast, with more ridging in the east as the NA vortex departs quicker. Result is a more consolidated system tracking to the NW.

Pick your path to defeat, lol.

I choose the GEFS option. It will give some of us,  especially south, a 1% chance of a MRGL risk. :weenie::tomato::weenie:

On 3/6/2021 at 2:42 PM, vastateofmind said:

Sorry we missed you by about 18 hours, @WeatherShak! But I'm sure you found some great drafts waiting for you, hope you're enjoying.  :)  Fair Winds could be another viable option for a future "south-enders mini meet-up" that @H2O proposed a couple weeks back...

On 3/6/2021 at 11:16 AM, WeatherShak said:

Will be there around 1230 today if anyone else happens to be there.

If I can get a free weekend without kids sports stuff and the weather gets nice I'd be down.  Or even a friday

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

How about those amounts forecasted in Denver from the GFS! Insanity!

sn10_acc.us_state_co.png

I'm gonna be a state over skiing in Utah watching the event unfold just a state over.. the fringe will always be eternal :unsure:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Turgeon was always know as a excellent recruiter but not a very good college  coach . That really hasn't changed much in 10 years .

Opposite of Gary. Gary never really went after the top tier recruits. Especially later in his coaching career at MD.  

One he'll of a coach though.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Seems like DC is following you

Represents my luck heading out West to ski! I recall heading to Steamboat for Spring Break back in 2015 with temps in the 60s at the base.. and yeah that's about as bad as it can get. Since then we've been a lot less haphazard wrt when/where we plan those trips. Pre-covid last year was a pretty good time to head out, and at that time Jackson Hole had a pretty great base, but that mountain is cutthroat! Still one of my favorite experiences skiing out there for sure though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Opposite of Gary. Gary never really went after the top tier recruits. Especially later in his coaching career at MD.  

Yep...agree. The Terps under Turg just always seem to go thru spurts where they dont know what to do. Always 5+ min droughts of no scoring and terrible ball movement/turnovers. The last few mins of last nights game was horrendous offensively, and why they didnt try to double that Lundy dude or something I dont know. Only guy on the court that could do much for a while there.

Snippet from latest AFD Denver/Boulder-

There`s getting to be better agreement now on a large upper low moving slowly from Southern California Thursday across the southern Rockies Saturday and to the central plains by Monday. There are still some differences in the latitude and timing, but really given such a large, slow moving system, they may not be that important. The main story is that there`s a pretty good chance of a prolonged period of at least light snow, and possibly a period of heavy snow, for most of our area. The chance of significant snow looks greatest Friday and Saturday from about Denver southward, though there are some model solutions that have the significant precipitation further north or have steady precipitation all the way from Thursday night through Monday morning. Most model QPF for the Friday through Saturday period ranges from 1 to 3 inches. There are heavier solutions. It should be cold enough for this to be mostly snow, at least at 5000 feet and probably across the area.

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Gary was also super awesome, as a person in general. My mom makes scrapbooks for players. (she gets 1 or 2 freshman a year and makes them books of their entire college career at MD, with news clippings, pictures, etc.) At the end of each season, there would be a banquet for family and friends (pre covid) and my mom is always invited. One year she invited me as her plus 1 and I got to meet the team and coaches. I think the one I went to was either Gary's last season or the season just before it. Either way, he was awesome. 

Boom Osby, if anyone remembers him, is still a good family friend. He's been to my mom's house more than I can count, HUGE guy hahahaha

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic