Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter 2021

George BM

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Ok, but I still stand by what I said - if not what I specifically said, I still don’t see any belittling.  The only blatant thing I saw was trix calling out a group of people for being awful human beings.  Shouldn’t your post about not belittling others for being scared apply the other way, too?  

Sounds good. I assure you there have been posts calling people 'scared' for being cautious. if you don't see them, then that's on you, not me. 

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Ok, but I still stand by what I said - if not what I specifically said, I still don’t see any belittling.  The only blatant thing I saw was trix calling out a group of people for being awful human beings.  Shouldn’t your post about not belittling others for being scared apply the other way, too?  

Being cautious isn't the same as being scared.  One is a well thought out plan vs an emotional reaction to something.  Everyone has a different level of concern over the same thing.  What works for one might not work for another but by no means is it because they are scared.  

• Like 1

I get the “go out of you feel safe, stay home if not” but it’s very obviously not that straightforward. More community transmission increases the risk for everyone, not just people eating in restaurants or going to Os games. Again, we’re literally only another 6-10 weeks away from pretty high population immunity levels. 

• Like 5

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I get the “go out of you feel safe, stay home if not” but it’s very obviously not that straightforward. More community transmission increases the risk for everyone, not just people eating in restaurants or going to Os games. Again, we’re literally only another 6-10 weeks away from pretty high population immunity levels. 

dont be so scared homie

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Are You Afraid Of The Dark Nicksplat GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Just now, WxUSAF said:

It feels like soldiers in late April invading Germany...no one wants to be the last casualty before the war is over and people are saying to go walk across the minefield. 

And my response to that is, well... let them. People will make the choices that is best for them and if it turns out really shitty in the end, they only have themselves to blame. 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

And my response to that is, well... let them. People will make the choices that is best for them and if it turns out really shitty in the end, they only have themselves to blame. 

Yeah but I don’t want to catch shrapnel. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

This says exactly what I was thinking.  This isn't totally a choice of doing something if you personally feel safe, a virus is a completely different animal.  It won't only affect you if you choose to participate in some activity, that also could potentially impact others.  I totally get wanting to "move on" in some manner.  As I said, we all want to get back to some kind of "normalcy" and where case counts and transmissions (including the several variants) are way down and mitigated.  I don't think any of us...regardless of views...really *wants* to wear a mask everywhere and not be able to do certain things.

As for vaccine availability, if I heard correctly it should essentially be generally available for all (i.e., not just certain groups or ages) by mid-late May?  And the amount that's available is increasing rapidly as well.  Definitely good things!

• Like 1

Just now, nj2va said:

No, its just not worth going in circles so I’m agreeing to disagree.  This is getting in the way of tracking the foot of snow about to hit DC on Monday.

Agree to disagree is fine with me. 

lol i'm tracking flowers and warm temps. lol

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I hear you friend. Soon enough, we will be vaccinated and that will help. We can't do anything about how others wish to live their life unfortunately. 

Just now, mappy said:

Agree to disagree is fine with me. 

lol i'm tracking flowers and warm temps. lol

You missed the sarcasm in that part of my post!  I’ve been in spring tracking mode for like 2.5 weeks...windows open...good riddance to winter.  Also, the first of my daffodils are blooming right now. :frostymelt:

Just now, nj2va said:

You missed the sarcasm in that part of my post!  I’ve been in spring tracking mode for like 2.5 weeks...windows open...good riddance to winter.  Also, the first of my daffodils are blooming right now. :frostymelt:

Sorry, I did. My bad. We've had windows opened all week, its been great. And I think we have daffodils coming up too, or crocus' I can never tell until they fully bloom lol

• Like 1

Just now, George BM said:

See my post in the Cicada thread. You and I are in a precarious position for still being over 8 weeks out from the event.

Better than being on the northern fringe I guess? Haven't seen PSU complaining about his spot in the event but I'm sure we'll get plenty of pics of the massive cicada drifts from him soon enough :weenie:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I'm 1c and just heard via my work that MD residents can now sign up if also 1c.  Here in VA?  crickets

It has been frustrating to have been considered essential, required to show up to an office every day, waited a year and be one of the last groups eligible.  Happy for all that have been able to get it but your end of WW2 analogy is spot on.

The analogy I've been using lately is the cop movie where the main guy and his partner go out on one last call and the partner is about to retire(I am retiring in July).  The partner gets killed in a hail of bullets and before I go its the virus thats the bullets for me.  So I'd love to get the shot and not be that hollywood cliché 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic