• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter 2021

George BM

The Friday forecast is kinda unusual around here - at least in my 11 years of living here now. Highs spiking to near 80, no rain chance, but howling winds of 20-30 gusting to over 40? Usually our many high wind days are with cold air filtering in - or if it is a warm day, because of instability and storm chances. To have a day like this with little rain chance is pretty rare from my 11 year sample size of living here 

41 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The Friday forecast is kinda unusual around here - at least in my 11 years of living here now. Highs spiking to near 80, no rain chance, but howling winds of 20-30 gusting to over 40? Usually our many high wind days are with cold air filtering in - or if it is a warm day, because of instability and storm chances. To have a day like this with little rain chance is pretty rare from my 11 year sample size of living here 

Not really? We get a lot of warm days with winds out of the south or SW. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

There is no other name.  Its WTFs for all time now.  

As long as they win Idgaf what there name is lol. So tired of losing season after losing season. Growing up in the Joe Gibbs era ( first time) I guess spoiled me. I thought being in the playoffs every year and a superbowl contender was a normal thing lol.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

As long as they win Idgaf what there name is lol. So tired of losing season after losing season. Growing up in the Joe Gibbs era ( first time) I guess spoiled me. I thought being in the playoffs every year and a superbowl contender was a normal thing lol.

This native Clevelander says "welcome to the party, pal!!"  Though to be sure, the Browns have improved.

• Haha 1

Hey y'all. Shameless plug incoming, buuuuuuuut.....

If you're on Twitter, I have started a Food Review Blog and handle called "Chasing Cuisine" where I sample non-chain places (mostly) and give my thoughts with pictures included with my experience. I will have the blog up and running soon where I will give ratings to my meal, the venue, and experience to help give a people an idea of what to expect. If you want to follow, feel free! The Twitter handle is @Chasing_Cuisine 

I will also do reviews of good places for weather enthusiasts to grab a bite and have those special reviews once or twice a month. I'll be announcing my travels and where I'll be heading each time I head out for new experiences. Good food, good drinks, and good times!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

If you're on Twitter, I have started a Food Review Blog and handle called "Chasing Cuisine" where I sample non-chain places (mostly) and give my thoughts with pictures included with my experience. I will have the blog up and running soon where I will give ratings to my meal, the venue, and experience to help give a people an idea of what to expect. If you want to follow, feel free! The Twitter handle is @Chasing_Cuisine 

I will also do reviews of good places for weather enthusiasts to grab a bite and have those special reviews once or twice a month. I'll be announcing my travels and where I'll be heading each time I head out for new experiences. Good food, good drinks, and good times!

Sounds good :)

Are you going to do the ratings by the EF-Scale?  Like EF-5 for the best places and EF0 for those not? :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, yoda said:

Sounds good :)

Are you going to do the ratings by the EF-Scale?  Like EF-5 for the best places and EF0 for those not? :lol: 

I think I might have to do something like that! Maybe change it up on the season. EF ratings in spring and Saffir Simpson in the summer and early Fall

I'll be messing around with several ideas to set myself apart. That can certainly be one of them. Thanks Yoda!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I think I might have to do something like that! Maybe change it up on the season. EF ratings in spring and Saffir Simpson in the summer and early Fall

I'll be messing around with several ideas to set myself apart. That can certainly be one of them. Thanks Yoda!

For winter you could perhaps use weenies, or snowflakes. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

whats a twitter?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Really? Days w/ winds gusting over 40 and highs near 80 w/ no rain chances?

Okey dokey. 

I would agree if the winds do indeed gust over 40...we have a number of warm-ish days with a stiff S or SW wind sometimes but typically its capped in the 20s...over 40 without a storm and warm would be a bit out of the ordinary imo

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I saw Preakness is allowing in person attendance but only what amounts to 7% capacity.  This is really absurd imo. By May 15th most have the vaccine by then . This is 90% outside with people wearing masks which has proven to not be source of any SS event . It's a 1 time only , once a year event lol. This is beyond ridiculous.  Even the Os have 25% capacity and that's 81 freaking games long and Super bowl had 25,000. This is 1 sole event . There's been no consistent or rational decisions with restrictions.  Here we are 15 months later with a vaccine / masks/ proven science....by Preakness time May 15 .....

and only 7% capacity ? :axe:

Maybe the horses will be required to wear masks next and race  separately 1 at a time for mitigation lol.

How would you determine the winner if they raced at different times? You need a better solution. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

I would agree if the winds do indeed gust over 40...we have a number of warm-ish days with a stiff S or SW wind sometimes but typically its capped in the 20s...over 40 without a storm and warm would be a bit out of the ordinary imo

I think the difference is we are in late March, not June or July. March tends to be windy, but we don't always see the high dewpoints/instability. In this case the upper dynamics are going to pass pretty far north with the low, so precip chances are pretty paltry with meager pwats down here. We will be in a strong pressure gradient with the high building in behind though, so we get that warm, dry W/SW wind with some impressive gusts.

• Like 2

Just now, losetoa6 said:

News flash . Majority of people are fed up with this bullshit . People are done. Time to move on brother .

I'll post pics July 4th  when the government says we are allowed to Barbecue with our own kids in our own backyards w/ my  40oz in hand .:drunk:

Im confused, you can do whatever you want in your backyard right now. You keep saying things that are flat out false. 

You might want to look into moving to Texas or Florida if this stuff upsets you so much. I don't see the general political makeup of Maryland moving much in the next decade.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm just reminding you what Mr. J.B . told the country lol. It's not fake news dude

This sounds pretty reasonable to me. Optimistic message. Very encouraging. Maybe he stopped short of encouraging a block party, lol.

"If we do this together, by 4 July, there is a good chance you, your family and friends can get together in your backyard or in your neighbourhood and have a cookout or a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day," he said.

"After a long, hard year, that will make this Independence Day truly special - where we not only mark our independence as a nation but we begin to mark our independence from this virus."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56368328

For sure, and people always need to remember that politicians always under-promise, e.g, we’ve well exceeded the target for getting 100,000,000 vaccinations done. In all likelihood, the timeline will be quicker than near-normalcy by July 4th but you don’t want to promise normalcy by May and be wrong.

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Your missing the point . People have been doing this safely since last July 4th.  The science has been clear since late Spring last year that outside gatherings are safe . JB is not speaking reality.  He's in fantasy land lol 

You are reading way too much into it. It was a simple message of hope that things are trending back to normal. No one literally needs permission from the POTUS to gather in their yards with friends lmao. But go on with that narrative.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic