Total Members
    Most Online
    Doug747
    Newest Member
    Doug747
March Long Range Discussion

stormtracker

10 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Should easily get our first 70 (and maybe 75 if things break right) of the year in DC!

Perfect progression of temps! As much as we didn't like the outcome, the core of cold + blocking actually happening in winter with a gradual warmup entering Spring is a welcome sight. Hopefully no pesky neg NAO making its mark into April with a sudden jump to Summer as we've had in more than one recent winter. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Weather Will said:

WB 12Z Para digital snow only 13 days away....

Pretty sure if the Para couldn't deliver us the digital snow in Jan and Feb in a extremely blocked pattern, then for  sure it will be wrong for about the 40th time this winter with that depiction you posted.  

All I can say is I love winter storms, but for now, Good bye winter ! Hello Spring ! 

Looking forward to rain free weather and temps near 70 degrees next week.  

My emotional state has already improved. Planning my landscaping now, and enjoying the sun and outdoors. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

End of the Euro run looks like a storm train to me with a reinforcing cold shot poised to drop se out of central Canada extraping :D. A bit of a ridge bridge showing up in the northern latitudes at 240 as well .

No sign of a ridge bridge on the mean in that timeframe but roll this forward a day or 2 and there is a decent look with ridging out west, cold pressing, and the SE ridge flattened. As I posted this morning the best potential for something wintry appears to be from around the 15th and esp beyond.. St Patty's day storm!

1615809600-rlUmiVdiERU.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

00z GFS laughs at the 18z GFS and says 18z must have had too much to drink. 

00z GFS has 60s Wed/Thur and 70 on Friday... but then cool air returns next weekend with highs in the 40s Sat and around 50 on Sun

Week of the 15th had warm Monday... but then Tues-Fri must have a backdoor front around cause highs are mainly in the 40s and 50s.... and stays there in the super extended

57 minutes ago, yoda said:

00z GFS laughs at the 18z GFS and says 18z must have had too much to drink. 

00z GFS has 60s Wed/Thur and 70 on Friday... but then cool air returns next weekend with highs in the 40s Sat and around 50 on Sun

Week of the 15th had warm Monday... but then Tues-Fri must have a backdoor front around cause highs are mainly in the 40s and 50s.... and stays there in the super extended

You’re doing play by play on the 300 hour gfs???

• Haha 1

It has no real warm weather... CMC was boring... and weather for the next 10 days will be boring.... so what else to do?
Dont post stupid stuff dude. Some things are not worth posting on
  • Haha 1

Some people are being silly. A few observations.   Guidance is all displacing a now strengthening tpv lobe into Quebec the second half of March. This leads to a trough amplification into the east. This is a very different mechanism for cold then earlier this winter and right now. It’s more similar to the cold periods we saw in March 2014 and 2015. 

That doesn’t mean it will snow. It’s very late. Even in a good pattern we need luck. If I had to bet I would bet no. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.  It can snow in late March. Everyone in here knows that. And everyone also knows just because they had bad luck in January and February doesn’t guarantee bad luck in March. So people need to stop it with the fatalistic projection or reverse psychology stuff. Just because you’re disgusted about this winters results and personally done with winter doesn’t mean it can’t snow. The weather don’t care.  

Do I think it’s going to snow?  Probably not. But it could, the pattern looks somewhat favorable, so I find the posts making definitive declarations that something that has happened even recently (late March snow) cannot possibly happen to be silly!  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Some people are being silly. A few observations.   Guidance is all displacing a now strengthening tpv lobe into Quebec the second half of March. This leads to a trough amplification into the east. This is a very different mechanism for cold then earlier this winter and right now. It’s more similar to the cold periods we saw in March 2014 and 2015. 

That doesn’t mean it will snow. It’s very late. Even in a good pattern we need luck. If I had to bet I would bet no. But that doesn’t mean it’s impossible.  It can snow in late March. Everyone in here knows that. And everyone also knows just because they had bad luck in January and February doesn’t guarantee bad luck in March. So people need to stop it with the fatalistic projection or reverse psychology stuff. Just because you’re disgusted about this winters results and personally done with winter doesn’t mean it can’t snow. The weather don’t care.  

Do I think it’s going to snow?  Probably not. But it could, the pattern looks somewhat favorable, so I find the posts making definitive declarations that something that has happened even recently (late March snow) cannot possibly happen to be silly!  

Yeah, it is a little amusing.  Like you, I don't really see a high probability of actually getting snow.  Well, beyond something like a bit of white rain or a few mangled flakes, that wouldn't surprise me.  But at the same time, I'm definitely intrigued here and something to keep a watch on.  I know there are several who are "done" with winter by now or who don't care for March snows in general because they don't hang around for long.  Personally, I'd love it if we could get a good event in later March, to be honest!  It wouldn't bother me that it would disappear within a couple of days after.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic