Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 18/19 Party - STORM MODE

stormtracker

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Not everyone is going to see 4-8" and will see a lot more sleet/ice. So, while it looks great for YOU, it is not so great for others. :) 

I don’t disagree. I guess, to me, that 3-6 and ice isn’t exactly terrible either for a storm that was supposed to cut west of us less than 90 hours ago 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

It is certainly a cold day considering we have had full sun most of the morning.  31 degrees with more cloud cover now.  Kids went outside to play, but they came in quick.  Cold not as fun without the white stuff

Yup. Going to be very interesting to see what happens this afternoon with temps. We might wind up being a bit colder than guidance which isn't surprising. MAV/MET mos has been running a bit too high of late and as others alluded to earlier in this thread, being just a degree or two colder in the column for a few hours more tomorrow will have big implications between 2" - 4" of snow then a mix, or people boom and get 5"+.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jayyy said:

I don’t disagree. I guess, to me, that 3-6 and ice isn’t exactly terrible either for a storm that was supposed to cut west of us less than 90 hours ago 

To you. That's the key. Many haven't seen more than 2" during any event this year, calling them fools for finding another event where they have to hope for a decent front end thump before a flip to sleet, is just not cool man. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Im going 2-5" for the cities and I95 with 4-8" for NW crew with lollies to 10". Most of the snow for the cities from 6AM-11AM. Then a period of moderate sleet for an hour or 2 and then light sleet/freezing rain for the afternoon and early evening. I dont know what to make of the back end stuff yet. Usually NW crew does a lot better with that stuff

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

UK targets DC and south with the heaviest stuff as well. Those of us out west are watching our QPF dry up quick. 

Let’s be real here tough ... the UKIE hasn’t been good either.

The only model that has been good all winter is the one that shows me getting the most snow. I’ll let you know around 10 tonight which one that is.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

UK targets DC and south with the heaviest stuff as well. Those of us out west are watching our QPF dry up quick. 

qpf_acc.us_ma.png

Im not worried if I was the NW crew...you guys almost always get heavier bands that sometimes the models dont see. Youll maximize the front end because youll be colder and whatever backend there is, youll get it because thats how it works

• Like 3

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

Let’s be real here tough ... the UKIE hasn’t been good either.

The only model that has been good all winter is the one that shows me getting the most snow. I’ll let you know around 10 tonight which one that is.

I am not really worried about it. I think we are pretty much a lock for 5 inches at this point. I am intrigued by the second part Thursday night though. The UK has that band. It is just a little too far north for us. 

Just now, Quasievil said:

I really don't understand this warm layer on the RGEM. With 700 and 850's warm, this explains why the RGEM is holding back on totals. This will be the time it gets it right. Where my 40" from a few weeks ago?

image.png.f4681b612c67f764175aadb848617019.png

I think this is the model’s attempt to factor in banding. So that signifies a heavy band through PWC at hour 30 that is just puking snow which cools the climb just enough!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Im not worried if I was the NW crew...you guys almost always get heavier bands that sometimes the models dont see. Youll maximize the front end because youll be colder and whatever backend there is, youll get it because thats how it works

I'm not worried. I'm colder than progged, there's moisture on the way and I'm in an area that historically does better with storms. I am right against the BR so typically we get some mixing albeit much less than the metros. I expect nothing different this time around. 4" is my bar with some crunchy ice on top as the finisher.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic