• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    donyewest
    Newest Member
    donyewest

Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

20 minutes ago, cut said:

Viz under 1/4 mile in Bridgeport. I would think nearly or just over 1 inch per hour. Looks like 5 + should be a lock here. Maybe even 7.

Snow breeds snow. I’ve always believed in that. Bands are setting up in similar areas as last storm it looks like. White out conditions in Fairfield. Probably at least an inch per hour rates at moment. 30 degrees.

Just now, 203whiteout said:

Snow breeds snow. I’ve always believed in that. Bands are setting up in similar areas as last storm it looks like. White out conditions in Fairfield. Probably at least an inch per hour rates at moment. 30 degrees.

Whiteout conditions for 203whiteout. 

• Haha 1

22/18... first flakes around 0945, we coat... snowgrowth not spectacular but vis at just under a mile now... thinking 3 tops here... looking at the radar, it appears that a jog NW is occurring, am I reading that wrong?

Whoops posted in the wrong thread. But 31.8 and coming down real good. However having a tougher time sticking to the roads. I imagine they give way soon though as it’s now below freezing.

Finally starting to show up on grass. Not expecting much with this but I'm heading out to sachuest with the family and a walk in the snow and loving the look. Kid is updating me constantly with how much it's snowing on his own one to ten scale. He says it's a 3 and almost a 4, just like him and I can't argue with that.

Just now, NeonPeon said:

Finally starting to show up on grass. Not expecting much with this but I'm heading out to sachuest with the family and a walk in the snow and loving the look. Kid is updating me constantly with how much it's snowing on his own one to ten scale. He says it's a 3 and almost a 4, just like him and I can't argue with that.

Sounds like a solid rating system. Have there been any Snowy Owls in Sachuest this year?

Snow just started here.

Pretty quickly (10 mins) went from nothing to snowing pretty good in Southern RI. If it keeps this up, seems like we should do well enough

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk