Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Quick Hitter Obs/Nowcast, Feb 7-8th

The 4 Seasons

27 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Except ALY hasn't reported any snow yet. 

Yeah ...I was just being snarky about the phenomenon - sometimes in the past ...I've crashed at night with this comet impact baroclinic leaf explosion on satellite clear to Buffalo, with rad filling in over PA ...

wake up to partly sunny .. whaaa

But the weather -tap radars are a bit less ominous. I've noticed that in the past when utilizing Intellicast's radar as a cheap bastard ( lol ) that it seems to smooth shredding and make things look more congealed than they are in reality ..  The stuff that matters is probably restricted to SE PA- SE NY

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...I was just being snarky about the phenomenon - sometimes in the past ...I've crashed at night with this comet impact baroclinic leaf explosion on satellite clear to Buffalo, with rad filling in over PA ...

wake up to partly sunny .. whaaa

But the weather -tap radars are a bit less ominous. I've noticed that in the past when utilizing Intellicast's radar as a cheap bastard ( lol ) that it seems to smooth shredding and make things look more congealed than they are in reality ..  The stuff that matters is probably restricted to SE PA- SE NY

It may take an extra hour or so to start, but once it saturates things will pick up quickly. 

I'm watching the obs around NYC now. Down to 3/4SM, which is fine, but unless we see some 1/2 and 1/4 it'll probably confine this to a mostly advisory event.

28 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

I've been telling folks 3-6" here (funny how people look to you when they know you are a weather geek).  6 looking mighty optimistic at this point.

Yeah, my wife gives me that look quite a bit, lol....flakes just started here, looks like the line of haves and have nots has developed and I am just north of it, oh well on to next week. 2-4 is just fine!

Screenshot_20210207-093641_RadarScope.jpg