Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter 2021

George BM

7 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

LWX is treating each wave as a separate storm and issuing the public info accordingly. i actually agree with them--it makes sense given the looooooooooooooong timeframe AND yes it is really funny.

Oh I know why they did it. I just always get a kick out of seeing a warning 3 miles to my north while I'm under an advisory. Ill just drive to warning levels snow. That's how it works, right? lol

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Most guidance still looks decent for over here outside of the GFS, but there would be some sleet mixed in, which is fine. Not much margin for error though. Need the souther solutions of the bunch to be more correct.

You know me, I'm good with whatever happens. GFS has one sneaky 3hr period of 850s at 32 for me

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

But we were told the late north trend doesn't happen in these types of setups. :lol:

The main wave is actually trending south so much so it will screw DC even.  That was the wave I was counting on to give a flush hit to VA and DC.  I didn't think it would trend north but I also didn't think it would end up suppressed completely.   I figured with the cold pressing...it still is...that would limit its northward push.  Problem is the waves split too much and the initial WAA wave rides north BEFORE the cold starts to press and then the cold press suppresses the main wave.  DC found a complicated way to fail.  Congrats 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

The main wave is actually trending south so much so it will screw DC even.  That was the wave I was counting on to give a flush hit to VA and DC.  I didn't think it would trend north but I also didn't think it would end up suppressed completely.  

So which wave is hitting King George?  10:38am just got a Winter Weather Warning for 5-7 inches???

8 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Gas on fire. And then uses a flamethrower to be sure. Trying to decide if he was trying to be funny with that. Sadly, I don't think so. I am actually laughing over it. 

Definitely not. Just not aware of his audience.

Hey guys, I have joke...

You're going to get 20" of model snow for early next week, then then your weenie dreams will be crushed when 'your storm' destroys Binghamton to Boston and you rain.

Oh...too soon?

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The main wave is actually trending south so much so it will screw DC even.  That was the wave I was counting on to give a flush hit to VA and DC.  I didn't think it would trend north but I also didn't think it would end up suppressed completely.  

I never look past the one right in front of me when it gives me snow. if the trend stopped right now it would still be decent here,. One more tick and its mostly sleet. Ofc the GFS also wants to eff me on precip, but it is the only model really doing that.

21 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

I'm actually pretty bullish out here...I don't really understand sterling's 1-3" WWA that covers an area the size of Texas.

That's the second time this winter that my county has been included in the same advisory as DC metro.  I guess its just a broad brush early call to be fine-tuned as we close in on the storm? Don't remember it happening in past years.

13 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Sorry I’ll see myself out. Wasn’t paying attention to the 10-12 thread. Didn’t mean to rub salt in the wounds :(

Agree with stormtracker that we like you, but sh*t is going down hard right now, so that was a grenade being rolled into the middle of locked room full of people. 

32 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

And then uses a flamethrower to be sure. Trying to decide if he was trying to be funny with that. Sadly, I don't think so. I am actually laughing over it. 

8 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Agree with stormtracker that we like you, but sh*t is going down hard right now, so that was a grenade being rolled into the middle of locked room full of people. 

4xhuhx.jpg

• Haha 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic